2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know ant thing about the polar boats, I am thing about getting one but, just dont know much about them. They seem pretty good to me but i have never fished one.
Thanks

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Saw them at boat show and seem really nice, but your gonna dig deep in your pocket for it!!! JMO.

Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Polar Boats

bullred764 said:
Does anyone know ant thing about the polar boats, I am thing about getting one but, just dont know much about them. They seem pretty good to me but i have never fished one.
Thanks
I ran one for a year and really liked it...Takes the rough stuff real good.....Capt. Wayne

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Polar is not an expensive boat company but a good hull design. I have been all over them from the 21' to 27' and I liked the packages. Looks like a good deadrise and high bow. Lot of extras also.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I can't speak for the larger Polars (over 21') but I have rode in a smaller skiff...and I have to say it was one of the worst new boats I've been in. It had a horrible tendancy to porpoise, it was wet and rough, and I know for a fact it didn't run very shallow....

I can't remember the specific model, but I think it was an 18'...had a yamaha 115 4 stroke, with no jack plate... (I'm sure this had something to do with the depth limitations)
The worst part though, was the way it porpoised....you oculdn't trim the motor in any position (short of all the way down) to prevent this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 1780 1996 Polar & love it. She has a 50hp 1997 Johnston & she will plane out at 30mph. Good enough for the waters around Galveston, Matagorda, ICW & the likes. She will go in shallow water. She is dry & very easy to run & maintain. I can handle her on my own or can fish with a couple of friends. I will be happy to take you out in her some time if you would like. Polars are pretty much just like the Carolina Skiffs.

Here is a pic of "The Polar Express"

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts