2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know results of the POCO tourny in Port O Conner?

·
The Ole Reprobate
796 Posts
Only One Blue Marlin

The one and only blue marlin weighed in at 352 # and paid approx. $550K

·
Registered
663 Posts
Whoa!

We were down there with Eric and Ray fishing Friday and you could tell things were heating up for the tourney!

That's one big pot! Unbelievable!

Red, we almost stopped by but Ed's shoulder was hurting so bad after fishing that we just headed back to Houston. Hope to see ya in two weeks though!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Am I reading that right?

550K for one fish? If so, WOW, somebody just got kitchen passes for life! LOLThats unbelievable.

Zac

·
Registered
949 Posts
"Tag Team" was the name of the boat that won the Marlin catagory. About a 37' bertram which makes it even better in my opinion. A little boat took home all that money from the big 60' Hatteras, 54 Bertrams and big Vikings.

Nunzio weighed in a 140lb Yellowfin to win that division.

Double Trouble(3 sails, 1 blue released, 2 100lb+ YFT) weighed in the largest/longest Dolphin at 38.5lbs. Lisa had weighed in a dolphin of the exact same size but Double Trouble's fish was longer.

High Cotton weighed in a nice 73lb wahoo.

There were quite a few blue, white and sailfish released but the only blue weighed in was just barely a keeper. Minimum is 101 inches and it was 101 inches.

Get Wild

Eric

·
Registered
949 Posts
I know it's not a POC boat. I remember walking by the boat Wednesday night and saying " Ha, watch them win it" and I'll be darned if they won it all. Anyways, I don't remember where the boat was from. But I've never seen it in POC.

Get Wild

Eric

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
Dang they must kept the liqour flowing the night of the calcutta as thats the highest winnings in 3-4 years or so.

Good to hear that only one marlin was killed, should be a C&R tourney anyway!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I saw DOUBLE TROUBLE, TAG TEM, and HIGH COTTON out at the tequila rig Friday mourning trolling around with 20 other boats! It was crazy with all the boats around the area!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts