2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Hot Rod weighed in the 500+ on day two (saturday) at about 1915 hrs They also weighed in another in the 350-400 range. Thats alot of dead fish for a photo op. IMHO they should be able to kill one fish per boat and one fish only.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
poco results

this is probably going to cause a stir but that photo op as you said probably won them a couple hundred thousand dollars or so. When we fished it is was combined weight over the entire tournament so if you caught a 400 lber the first day and a 500lber the second day you would have 900 points. No way in hades would I throw back a 3-400 pound fish when I allready had a 500 lber on board or not. You need to realize that there are probably 95-100 boats in this tourney and most do not even catch a blue let alone 2 that are big enough to bring to the docks. They have done a great job of catch and release on the majority of the fish. I seriously doubt by them bringing in 5 or 6 weighable blues they are going to put a dent in the population.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Poco Report

I just got back to Fort worth from POC. We fished Poco and had a great time. Hot Rod won it with a 538 and Miss Blue had one around 430. All in all a great tournament with a lot of great Boats and Captains. We fished our ****s off and caught some fish just not any Bill Fish. We ran a total of 500 miles over the two days. We ended up with several Dolphin to 35 pounds and Wahoo to 35 pounds. We had several blow ups that we did not get connected on. The Calcutta went for around 650K, they raised a bunch of money and threw a great party. We left the house around 1am on Friday and let the crowd leave at 12 midnight. The ride out was sloppy, especially at the Jetties, but the first day was great and the second day looked like a lake. Already planning on POCO 2007!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hefner Appling and poco Marlin win

I talked to Hefner this morning. He seemed pleased with being on the winning team. Not for sure who held the rod for which fish but do know Hefner got a big check. Could not have happened to a nicer guy. Hefner has always helped out when needed with issues to improve the fisheries in general. Hefner and his wife have always been quick to support projects to improve our sport and our general good health as seen in their work to raise funds for the Cattle Barons Ball to support Cancer work.

For those who know Hefner, Ann and the kids they are first class folks.

Congrats Hefner,

Jim Smarr
rfatexas
361-463-1558

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.