2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to POC latelty? I was there about a mount ago and it was a mad house there (bad boatmenship, fingers flying everywhere; it was like caos there). I was not amused with my family there. It took 40 min to lunch the boat. I love the area (well protected from weather) but the traffic seems to kill the mood. We always stayed at the POCO LODGE (great place and cheap) and still enjoy the accomidations there, but it seems to be turning into a party town and not a fishing town. I was just wondering if anyone fishes around Iniannola or Port Lavaca much. Is there as much pressure there as POC?

·
Registered
449 Posts
if you are going on the weekend i don't think there is anywhere that it is not crowded. i hate to let the secret out, but wait until after summer and it gets better. then winter is really ok. only about 1/4 the boats. week days are ok in the summer.

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,890 Posts
I live in Corpus but fished POC a few months back... I had never seen anything like it either. I have launched at several different ramps in Corpus and Baffin and have never seen it that crazy... Fish down here. Hell, you might mess around down here and catch a decent sized trout.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was turned around. It is west of POC. Charlie's Bait Camp. There doesn't seem to be as much traffic there, but have never fished that far from POC. Anyone Know anywhere close to there to fish??

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
The problem is that there are only 3 places where you can launch from. I think that is a total of 10 lanes and that is not enough on a busy weekend. That is why we pay for a lift. I agree it is too crazy and y'all should stay away and tell your friends the same.
Tom

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Charlies at the end of Lane Rd is turning into the same zoo you've witnessed in POC proper. The crowds in ESB and west are thick on the weekends. Don't look for any relief down there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
POC Madhouse

Froggie's and Charlies are my two favorite places to park and watch the rat race.

If you see a deputy sitting there in a Dodge pickup come by and say hi, it's me ;-)

Real funny how things calm down and people drive a little better when I'm sitting there.

Past two days in Port Lavaca have been pretty productive at chicken and chicken foot reef near the causeway on live shrimp and Norton MardiGras bull minnows.

Had 6 trout and one red in an hour and a half. I personally stay out of POC on the weekends, unless I'm working. Port Lavaca and Lavaca Bay have some hidden treasure places that are some what quiet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.