2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headknock Left WEdnesday morning to 3 days fishing in POC. We get to town, pull into Speedy Stop, buy a few things, walk out to the boat and 4 rods and reels are gone! :eek:

My brand new 6' 9" Laguna and Curado 200B, a cheap Berkley (brand new) 7' Redwood series and Curado 200B, A 7' Lone Star Trout Series with ABU 5600C and a 7' All Star with Curado 200B were all missing! They left behind 4 old junks that the two other guys had, but were laying on the other side of the boat from mine and Larry's rigs.

Well what do you do but go back inside Speedy Stop and spend twice what you would any other place and buy new rigs. Larry and I dropped $175.00 each on new rod and reel. So I estimate this trip cost me around $650.00 and to top it off, we only got aroud 10 fish!

So if anyone sees a 6' 9" Laguna with "Hard Head" on it, it's Mine!

Hey Shupe, guess I'll be ordering a new one soon! :headknock

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,452 Posts
That is a hard lesson.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man that is heart breaking I have 8 rod holders on the front of my truck for surf and shark rods and we never lever the truck unattended, even for a second. There are just to many low lifes out their looking for the opportunity to rip us off. I have often wanted to tie my friends monster pit bull to the bumper hid him under the truck and go into Buc ees and wait for the show to start. I'm sure I would get sued but it sure wold be fun.

Later Scott

·
14,998 Posts
catch 5 said:
Checking the store security video as suggested above may be a good idea, if they would let you.
Probably wouldnt , might be there cus'ns......................Sorry to hear some pieces of sheep sheet got your stuff .
My question is could yu have shot"em if you caught"em in the act???

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I guess we should have asked the store manager to review the tape, but where we were parked, I doubt it would have done any good. We were not near the pumps. Oh well, lesssons learned.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
They're too busy catching real criminals and desperados, the ones going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit and not completely stopping at stop signs.

To Serve and Protect!!

Tombo said:
I have read many stories about gear stolen from trucks/boats at convenience stores. Should be real easy to set up a sting by the local authorities.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,667 Posts
You know...sometimes you wish you had a little satellite time and a laser thingy that would shoot with pinpoint accuracy from space. People that steal just suck really. No other way to put it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.