2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trout were thick on the surf Saturday. We had 3 limits in no time! All fish ranged from 16 to 23". They wouldn't touch a lure, so we fed them Croakers. Just look for birds and start chunking!

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
haha..Man I was out there Saturday and didn't catch 1 single trout. Saw some birds working but no trout would eat our croaker. I was insight of 3 other boats and we didn;t see them pull in a single trout either. We were close to the light house.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shady said:
haha..Man I was out there Saturday and didn't catch 1 single trout. Saw some birds working but no trout would eat our croaker. I was insight of 3 other boats and we didn;t see them pull in a single trout either. We were close to the light house.
We were in a 22' Blue Wave. We were anchored about 1 mile East of Pass Cavallo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was out there saturday fishing the Cula Roja tournament, found a bunch of trout in the surf to 3 pounds all on artificials, caught sharks to 25 inches, 8+ pound bluefish, left there looking for bigger trout and could never find anything over 20 inches. Did catch 4 limits though.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We didn't get to the surf till after that rain Saturday morning. The beach front got real flat. Our fish were caught between the 2nd and 3rd guts, but later in the day, they moved into the 1st gut. We had 3 limits by 11:00 and left them biting.

bullred25 said:
Congats hard hread. Thanks for the report. Headin down there this weekend. How far in did you find your fish? What gut? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hardhead,
i think we may have pulled up next to you when ya'll were leaving. we stopped to fish around that same area, but i can't remember exactly what time it was, i think it was close to 11. i had 5 people in a Bayhawk. i hope we didn't crowd you, we got into some skipjacks, and broke off like 3 lines, and were trying to chase down popping corks that were floating free.

anyway, good to hear you got some fish. we cruised the surf after the rain passed. we headed north of the big jetties, tried some spots, with no luck...skip jack and spanny macks. then we headed south and just looked for some signs.

we were mostly throwing lures and shrimp, so maybe thats why we didn't have much luck. i guess we should have pulled in there and fished a little longer if you left them biting!!! we didn't stick around long, we weren't getting any bites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.