2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I was wanting to see if anyone was interested in buddying up with me next weekend for a good run out to Baker and maybe a little farther beyond. I've gone to Baker area before and back. I only burned 45 gallons of fuel with 45 left for reserve in 2 to 3 footers. That gives me range to hit the East Breaks. That being said, I had a buddyboat and won't do it without one. I want to give a good shot at some wahoo, sails and big dorados and blackfin or yellows if possible. I'd like to stay within VHF range and one of the guys going with me has all the good rods and tackle needed. He used to be stationed in Oahu (spelling?) and had his own boat till he moved to the Texas coast. I've got a 25' bay boat with a Suzuki 250 all about a year old and all well maintained. Maybe someone can lend a hand if needed or I can do the same. Just wanna be safe out there if it ends up being calm enough to go. Anyone wanna trade a nice bay boat for an offshore boat. LOL

·
Bluewater Bum
1,075 Posts
We have planned to be on the Banana (wacker's boat)that day, out of POC. If we get the window we are thinking boomvang though. We should keep in touch. i will PM you with my number.

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flatlined - Thread stealer!!! Just kiddin I don't care. I'll give you a holler Jared. Now with the post on the wave forecast...I might try it two weekends in a row if I have help and wife lets me.

·
Tx AG 98
122 Posts
The wife?

offshoreaggie-
thinks haven't changed since high school, here 12 yrs later still seeking permission instead of forgiveness. Tell the wife hi!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Aggie,
I will let you know if i am gonna be out that weekend. I don't think I have the range to hang with you though. I burned 96 gallons running out 30 miles last weekend, and I only hold 200. I am taking baby steps till I get my range figured out, Thinking 40 miles for the next trip. EFI's love fuel!!!
Kirk

·
Bluewater Bum
1,075 Posts
pogies

Flatlined said:
jaredchasteen, did you ever try out that bait place I was talking about in seadrift?
i plan on going by there that weekend, dont buy them all before i get there.

·
If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
1,246 Posts
I am going to go to bakers the next saturday and sunday, if you want to go I will be there in case you get in trouble. I can not imagine that suzuki giving any problems. Kwik way has 2 of them on a 35 footer and run em every day with no problems.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Man I would love to go but I am like you. I wouldnt do it without a buddy boat. I just waisted a trip to Matagorda this past Sunday so I didnt get my fishing fix. I was able to fish a couple of hours on Monday between thunderstorms then the weather just got worse so we headed home. The kingfish were stacked up thick about 10 miles out with several 25-30 pounders caught and released. The snapper were biting good but all of them were about 10-12 inches. I have a Pro-Line 20 sport that measures 21'8" and holds 70gal with a 150 merc. From Port A I have been to Hospital Rocks and back on 1/2 tank of fuel. Seas were 2-3 and probably more like 2. Was able to run 35mph without any trouble. Fishing was slow until we found a shrimp boat near Hospital. The BF tuna started hitting real good when you could get past the bonita. I would love to find a hungry YF or Dorado. Ling also manage to skunk me every trip. Anyone willing buddy and teach a semi-rookie?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts