2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get an idea of who and how many are planning on making it to POC at the end of the month? Also who is bringing a boat and has room for any boatless fisherman.

Keep in mind that if the forecast for that weekend is pretty nasty, I will suggest postponing it for two weekends. Hopefully the weather and fish will coorperate.

Thanks

Eric

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,052 Posts
I'll be there with boat. Staying at the Milne house with McGolfer and crew and Reel woman and crew.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
I am tenatively planning on fishing my way down on Friday, assuming I get my tranny fixed this weekend and next. Probably be just the Warden and I.

We will be staying at the marina on the boat, assuming I can find a slip.

I did not print out the tread before the old board crashed. Sorry, what marina is it that I am supposed to stay at again?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll be there as part of the McGolfer crew. We're fishing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday providing the weather and boat cooperate.

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
count me in

took friday and saturday off, will be coming down w/ boat but dont know who is coming along for the trip yet.....rented a place on the intercoastal thru tigrett realty, see ya'll if the seas are good to go.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You betcha we'll be there!

Ed, Kim, Grant and Brian. Plus, put Reg & Mark on the Milne house list!
Also, if someone has room for 1 person on their boat, please let me know.

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,052 Posts
Reel Woman said:
Ed, Kim, Grant and Brian. Plus, put Reg & Mark on the Milne house list!
Also, if someone has room for 1 person on their boat, please let me know.
I think I've probably got 4 in my boat already. Five is a little tight but if push comes to shove, we can probably squeeze one more in for a day.

·
Old yellow member
2,275 Posts
Planning to be there and boat in tow..

I need to have someone to buddy up with offshore though, anyone care to let a couple of guys Potlick off you. :D

Oh I need to find a place to stay also, anyone doing the house thing at this one and have room?

FN

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ernest: Check www.portoconnor.com for any info you may have.
Not sure if you were going to try and tie up on the pier outside of the house Reel Woman was renting or not. If not, you want to stay at St. Christophers Harbor and I think you can rent them through the Tarpon Inn. As far as I know it is first come first serve but they normally have several open slips.

Fishnut: Tsip might be doing a house thing, not sure. Haven't heard from him yet on that side of things.

Get Wild

Eric

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I'm coming and bringing my flatscat, but I have to get hold of an old friend to see if I can use his house.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Pencil Johnboat in

I just made a res at the Tarpon complete with a slip for my boat. I'll bring sumpin good to add to the dinner. I think I have a crew lined up but I'll sure post if any of them weenie out. (I'll be weenieing out too if these dang waves don't settle into a summer pattern soon). Thanks. Johnboat out.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Kim, Ed, Eric, et al (everybody!),

Bob and Pam here. We'd love to come but are unfamiliar with the area and are basically bay/beach fisher-people.

We would be happy to share a rental with some folks (Gary, Josh, F.A.T., Krash, others--you up for it), or get a room somewhere close---what's close?

Someone mentioned a place to rent boats that are ready to go, or we could haul our bay boat if someone wants to join us and show us the bay. We would love to go off-shore with someone if they have space, and of course we'd share costs and chores.

At minimum, we could come enjoy the beach, and bring some fish and dishes for the gathering....looking to meet some more of our new found friends on this board.

Email ideas, please.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If There Is A Nut Hut.......

I will be there. Waiting patiently to hear from the master organizer on that one. I'll probably bring my boat and if its nice offshore, would be willing to buddy boat with someone. Later, Aubrey

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pam

Great to see you posting! Sure hope you and Bob do make it to this gathering! I know you will enjoy it! Currently, we have already rented a house with a group and the house is full otherwise I would love to have you stay with us! My boat is already full also. There aren't any big hotels that I know of in POC, most rentals are homes, condos, etc. Eric has alot of details on rentals in the area but if you will post your e-mail address or pm me your phone numbers I will be happy to give you the information that I have.

Kim

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check www.portoconnor.com for a list of places to stay. There are several motels down there. Prices are around $40-50 for an ok place to $75+ for the more nicer places. Most houses and condos rent for about $250 or more per night.

Get Wild

Eric

P.S. Bassfreaks: I'm waiting too on the Nut Hut. Hopefully Legate and crew can make it down and help fill it up.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
We plan on showin' up let me know what I can bring, I have my frier at the trailer in POC if that will help, and a propane George Forman grill there also. Some fish in the freezer and hope to get some fresh un's next week on vacation. YAAAAAAAAYYY!!
Sounds like a hoot!!
Rick

·
Unrecoverable Saltoholic
472 Posts
I'll make a call tomorrow on getting a Nut Hut put together. I hadn't planned on one this year because I'm going to be in Mansfield all next week, and wasn't sure if I was going to be able to swing going to POC the weekend after I get back.

If I can find a house to rent this late, I'll need to fill it up this week. Anyone interested please post up here and I'll put together the list.

I'll post back up tomorrow,

Tsip

1 - 20 of 45 Posts