2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished POC from sunup to about 4:00 pm Saturday. Two of us fished Cedars, Lighthouse, Grass Island areas. Caught mucho dink trout, and 5 reds. One red a 26" 6lbs earned us 2nd place in the tournament we were in. Didn't get out of the boat because I have a huge cut on my finger from where I almost cut it off last week. Used the trolling motor on my friend's 22 Pathfinder all day. Bait of choice: of course, bull minnow in mardis gras. Fish cannot leave it alone. Wished we could of waded....

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Sight Cast,
You fished the Possum tournament? Who won first place? Congrats on the second place finish, must of been tough fishing.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Kenny,

I fished in the Possum Invitational. Did you? I can't remember the team who won but they crushed everybody with 77lbs. We finished 4th with 64lbs. We won big trout stringer but our reds cost us. We caught tons of 22-24" reds but the bigger ones were elusive for us.

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
SightCast,

Sorry again for not getting to make the trip. I got phone call after phone call from friends wondering where I was. Good to hear your hand is doing good and you caught some fish. I did get to do some fishing early Saturday morning in the LA surf. I managed about 15 trout from 23" and down. Was back at the house cleaning 9 trout at 9:30. Looking forward to fishing with ya soon.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kenny, I did not fish Possum, but my friends from Eagle Lake finished second in Possum. I fished in another tournament. I am going to fish Possum next year though. I am not sure who won first. Brian, you didn't miss too much. Just alot of little fish, few reds, and a whole lot of casting plastics all day. Look forward to it. Sea ya.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
No, I didn't fish the possum tournament but I fished Port O'Connor with a banker the week before named Mark who was fishing it for the umpteenth time. Did you throw any 51MR's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts