2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't forget to plug in your diesels tonight so they will start in the morning. Leave them plugged in while under 32 all day. Or, be prepared to buy some batteries. Just saying.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
We're heating the entire (RV) garage and the Excursion is parked in there. Too many exposed pipes in....it shouldn't get below 50 with the heaters running.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I just bought 2 new batteries for my '01 F250. School me on this plug in thing. I have never done this ??

·
archTech
8,579 Posts
I don't plug any of mine in until it gets around 20 degrees...they are good till 17 degrees provided everything is up to snuff. I just need to worry about the biodiesel gelling...got 100% in the Excursion but it stays toasty in the garage. I will be putting some dino fuel in my personal F350 shortly today to help with the bio gelling.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
I just bought 2 new batteries for my '01 F250. School me on this plug in thing. I have never done this ??
refer to post # 3 on this thread

·
archTech
8,579 Posts
There is a plug receptacle behind the drivers side tow hook if you look behind the front bumper. Plug this into an electric outlet and it will keep the engine toasty for that in the morning cold start...costs about a buck to keep it toasty.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
just found out
block heater *Standard in AK, CO, IA, for 2008

I also called two dealers and they said no heater and its for sub zero weather. Maybe only need to worry about it on old school diesels.

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
I didn't have to plug my 7.3 in Co until it got below 10*. In the teens or up, I just had to let the glow plugs run a full cycle and it fired right up.

I did, however, forget to open my fuel/water seperator valve to let any water that might be accumulated in there drain out and it ended up freezing and cracking. Those are on backorder with Ford right now so even the dealerships that have them are holding them for the back parts counter only so you should go ahead and open that valve to make sure it's full of diesel and not water.

If you do happen to have yours freeze, at least for the 7.3, Dorman makes an aftermarket part that you can get for it from Carquest.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thanks for the reminder.

I didn't have to plug my 7.3 in Co until it got below 10*. In the teens or up, I just had to let the glow plugs run a full cycle and it fired right up.

I did, however, forget to open my fuel/water seperator valve to let any water that might be accumulated in there drain out and it ended up freezing and cracking. Those are on backorder with Ford right now so even the dealerships that have them are holding them for the back parts counter only so you should go ahead and open that valve to make sure it's full of diesel and not water.

If you do happen to have yours freeze, at least for the 7.3, Dorman makes an aftermarket part that you can get for it from Carquest.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts