5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TONIGHT 10 PM EASTERN
(you have to adjust to your time)
"ANIMAL COPS HOUSTON"
on Discovery Channel
ANIMAL PLANET
(channel 282 on Direct TV)
This is the great gang at Houston's Humane Society of with the backup of Houston's cops. It's amazing how these dedicated people put the well-being of animals ahead of their own safety so often. At the same time it's shocking to see how people abuse animals that they have accepted responsibility for. One of the TTMB posters here is a Civil Servant and will probably be in a couple of the episodes of Animal Cops Houston that is showing each of the coming weekday evenings.
DON'T MISS IT!

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,227 Posts
you shoulda see a clip on a news channel today about a guy and his mom with 76 dogs on their property with all kinds of diseases etc,, and them living in the house with animal and human waste everywhere!! bugs,, etc,, they said, talking to the houston animal people the worst thing they have ever seen!!, im sure you will hear about it in the days to come, this makes me sick, i hope they can save some of those dogs and give them a chance for a loving home!!

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
"you shoulda see a clip on a news channel today about a guy and his mom with 76 dogs on their property with all kinds of diseases etc,, and them living in the house with animal and human waste everywhere!!"

ughhhhhh!!! :hairout: poeple these days......:hairout: makes we wanna...:mad: makes me wanna...:cry: makes me wanna...:mad: makes me wanna do soemethin that can't be repeated on this board.....:( uuuuggggghhhhhhhh!!!.:hairout: .....JJ

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last night's episode was one of the best!

If you were able to see it but missed "Animal Cops Houston" last night....well, this is what you missed.

This is the first time I've seen anything like this on Animal Cops.

A soldier who had been on a long tour in Iraq had befriended a dog that had been hit by one of our military vehicles. The dog was in bad shape and the soldier kept the dog with him, trying to nurse him back to health. The dog needed vet care and that wasn't available there.

A man named John Walsh (NOT from America's Most Wanted) heard about this. He spends his time helping animals. I don't know if it's just in Texas or thoughout the country.

Mr. Walsh was in contact with the soldier, who lives with his wife and five children in Houston, and arranged for the dog to be flown to Houston from Iraq. I only wish I could convey the joy of this event that went into the capable hands of Animal Cops Houston.

We got to see the pup lovingly cared for by the time of his arrival. The Humane Society Vet sent the pup to a Orthopedic Surgeon after seeing the Xrays. The Surgeon gave the good news to the soldiers family that the pup would do just fine as he is because the injured bones has begun to heal and he was sure the pup would do well without surgery.

Then, as the family was about to leave the Houston Orthopedic Surgeon said that his care of the pup was his contribution to a dedicated soldier who was serving his country in a very dangerous war. Those were not his exact words...but that's what he said.

And then, before the show was over, Animal Cops flashed back to the soldier's home in Houston just as he arrived from Iraq. What a happy man he was. He sat on the couch with his wife and five children and the pup on his lap.

That was a happy man!

Remember, tonight a second episode of five "Animal Cops Houston".

·
Banned
299 Posts
I am sure that these people do some good. And I hate to rain on everyones parade. But I hate this show. Every time I have watched it I get mad.

Now I have loved my pets. And I do not want to see animals abused. But don't forget these are animals and do not rate as high on the chain as humans.

I have seen on that show, officers interjecting themselves where there was no abuse going on. Maybe the dog was old. Or maybe it was sick. But the people where doing what they could or could afford to care for the animal. But these officers come and take the animal, or worse yet file charges.

It just makes me mad when they are harrasing some poor person. And their concern is a animal and not the person.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I agree DISSpatcher. Sometimes they do more harm than good... but that was a goood show...JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts