2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little bird told me about a sunken shrimp boat somewhere out north of Bird Island at San Luis Pass.
Could one of you folks please PM me the GPS co-ordinates of this.
Please Please Please Please Please Please!
LOL

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
You don't need coordinates, it's sticking up out of the water and very visible. The rigging is very visible.

If you are coming from Chocolate Bay just head straight for the San Luis Pass Toll Booth and you'll run right into the sunken boat. From San Luis Pass, take the channel east around the flats. There is a tall 4" white PVC pipe sticking up out of the water. The boat is east of that pipe.

If that doesn't get you there, just look for all the boats drifts or tied up to the rigging! lol

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Hard Head said:
If that doesn't get you there, just look for all the boats drifts or tied up to the rigging! lol
You got that right HH!

Many times I have passed the shrimp boat right at the first crack of dawn and there would already be 2 or 3 boats working it.

·
Who Farted?
1,868 Posts
You can fish 1 or 2 boats at this site at the most. Usually its covered up by 5 or 6 and only 1 or 2 are actually catching anything.
Ive seen it crowded during the week. If your thinking about going this weekend.. I doubt you will even be able to get close to it. Its productive but there are many other spots near this area which will produce fish in good numbers if your willing to try them.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
That is not the only sunken boat of any relative size in that area.
There is one that lines up directly with the water tower and is about a 1/2 mile from the south shoreline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts