2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm buying a nice tackle bag for my boyfriend for his birthday, and I want to stock it with a bunch of the stuff he'll need, like hook-outs and the most popular lures. He's always wanted his own gear, and I want to put a kit together for him. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about fishing. Could y'all suggest some things I can put in there, and some good lures? I could really use your help. He likes to fish shallow bays, and goes offshore alot too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Lucky boyfriend that all I got to say. Evey girlfriend Ive had said "you already have to much", pppppffffftttttt what do they know. lol........................later,DAve

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Oh and a must is getting a good asortment of D.O.A products. I like the terror eyes and the bring em home choice is the Glow Shrimp, you cant go wrong with em...........later,DAve

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Bass Assasin: Paddle Tail 5" Plum Chartruse, 3" Salt Pepper w/ Chartruse tail, 3" Blood Red white tail, 5" split tail Chartruse

Jig Heads: Norton wide gap 1/16oz, 1/8oz, 1/4oz

1/2 oz and 3/4 oz Spoons: Gold weedless, Silver regular.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
How's your boyfriend been fishin without tackle ????? When ya get him all this new tackle and he don't take the new box, guess you can figure he likes to fish with a worm..... J/K Shallowgal... Texas trout killers in assorted colors would be good also, Black/chartruse being my favorite, maybe a few Rattle traps, and some Corkeys.....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, y'all are very helpful. Any suggestions on other things for the bag, like a measuring tape and stuff like that. What do you keep in your bag?

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
other stuff

spool of big game 10 or 12lb what ever he uses. Some leader material florocarbon or stren material. Good set of forcepts. Barrel swivels 20lb or so class. get a measure tape sticker that goes on the rod.

Josh

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
Gifts

Grab the blue shimano bag for around $20
and throw in a gift certificate and let him pick out his own stufff.
Stuff can be personal.

They grab him a nice shirt so he looks good.

Good luck. Inc.

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Fishin-Inc. has a god idea.

Regarding baits - almost every time I go fishing, I try my two favorite soft plastic baits. Both are made by Norton in the bull minnow model. One is pearl with chartreuse tail and the other is pumpkinseed with chartreuse tail.
Good luck.
Mike

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
I like the softbags

I have a tray inside that carries the terminal tackel, then five more to hold the different items seperated by hard baits and soft baits. It has a double zipper top and pockets all around. The pockets are big enough to carry an extra reel or spool of line. There are several companies that make them and they come in different sizes. I have several bags and love the carry strap. Big plus is I get to play around with them the night before, pick out which boxes to take along. Get him some non-painted jig heads and several different colors of nail polish to paint them with, that's always fun.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I'm with FishingInc,
Get him a nice Shimano soft bag with 5-6 plastic boxes and about $300. worth of gift certificates. Tackle is personal. Might get him a Boga grip too.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
get him a billystix

hi shallow gal
:texasflag i gotta say this, get his own personal billystix lid and then get him a custom billystix spiral rod!
now if you follow these instructions to the letter, you will get a diamond as big as texas for that left fannggeerr? l,o,l:redface: :D
later
stix
bay gal please visit me at www.billystix.com

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Hey Stix, that ain't Baygal.... Have ya been drankin again ????? LMAO

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Lookin forward to havin ya here Billy..........................................later,Dave

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
-

Dang, how'd a guy get so lucky. Every man needs a woman like that.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
I am wondering if he is even a bay fisherman.....what if he is an offshore fisherman and he gets a bunch of bay tackle. I would be like, "what the is this, tree ornaments?". I would go with the tackle bag and a shirt and a fat gift certificate. It is always fun to pick out your own personal stuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts