2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
I have met some incredable people here. One I have met needs our help big time. I hope I am not overstepping the bounds here but my friend ******* "Eric" needs our help. He has a 8 month old son that has been in Texas Childrens Hospital for a while now treating leukemia. His 2cool friends have been wringing there hands wondering what to do, and we came up with this. On Aug 12th at 11:00am-6:00pm @ the VFW in NW Houston, 290 and Telge we will have a fundraise auction for him.

We need the help only 2cool can provide, auction items, rafle items, bidders and doners. I can not do this alone so if there are some groups inside of other groups that can help, please do. Any tournaments, ideas, anything.

Mods can you help us?

I'm up here in East Texas and we might do something here also for him in the Lufkin/Nacogdoches area.

Can we do it big again? Please help and send prayers for this.

Alex Parker, B4B

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Dear precious Lord,

I come to your throne of grace to ask for blessings on behalf of Eric's family. Pour out your spirit on his baby who is ill with lukemia. Lay your healing hand on him and hold him in your comforting arms. Be the Great Physician for his tiny body. Give him strength to overcome. Get to the source of his physical problem and make him new from the inside out. Flush his system with your power and holiness and remove this terrible disease from him for good. I ask it in the name and in the blood of Jesus, who loves us and gave his life for us.

Draw Eric and his wife into your presence. Show them your love and mercy. Meet every need of their lives. Answer their prayers before they ask. Let them know you have a plan for their lives, and it is a plan for good and not to harm them.

I ask these things in the name of Jesus. Amen.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
I would be glad to help out in some way.When you say VFW, is it going to be a family event. Whats on the schedule that day.Thanks for your reply.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
Prayers sent.

I live off 290 and should you need help working, please let me know. I will also see what we can donate.
Annette

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,638 Posts
Alex, due to my son's adventures of late I am a little strapped but can offer up two copies of my book for Auction or Raffle. Can't commit to be there as yet, but will try and make it so I can sign the books for the winners. Will also remember to keep this child in my thoughts a prayers.

Derek

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
I see that ******* has a doozie of a travel trailer camper up for sale, 2006 model, 32 feet long, bumper pull. Selling due to family emergency.

If someone could use that, and could pay his original asking price of $25,000 (he's been reducing it, no takers) I'm sure that would help his family. Just a thought.

From the photos, it looks like a REALLY NICE travel trailer. Here's the link:

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=70982

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys it will be a family gathering. These guys are fine people. Racer " Gordon " is giving his all to help also. I have been out beating the bushes so we can have a good bucket raffle. Thanks All for the pms

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I can have it picked up from one of the guys in this. Thank you thank you!!

I'm working with some of the blue water boys for a youth tourny and some others are looking at their tourny's to help.

FishBone said:
I will donate a wall mount rod rack http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=74723 for the auction.

B4B, We need to see how I can get it to you. I will build it this weekend if I can find the time.

The family is in my prayers.

FishBone

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got a few more donations a behind the home plate Astro's tickects for the 13th of Aug. 2 cool! from Chuck. Thanks bro.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We will help!

We would be happy to donate any rod of your choice to the Auction for *******'s son. COntact me through PM's or by phone at 281-898-0421 for delivery details, or shipping address. www.stickemrods.com

We will also keep *******'s son in our prayers, and if there is anything else we can do, let us know!
Stick'em Rods

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm like the dog that caught the truck, you guys are outstanding!

I'll be contacting you guys when the smoke settles, BTW can I get a vol. to help out?

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can someone help us with a pay pal Please got some that want to donate can it be another sticky?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
My house is kinda going to be the gathering place if you have something that needs to get picked up give me a call and I will get it done somehow! if anyone want to send checks pm me and I will give you my home address and just make them out to Eric Sommers and I will see to it that he gets them as they come in. I work with his dad..

Gordon and thanks for all the help

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a couple of new Igloos I can donate and let me know what else you will need.I live in Cypress and will be there to help out at the benifit.ps. prayers sent!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
BEER4BAIT said:
Can someone help us with a pay pal Please got some that want to donate can it be another sticky?
What do you need bro? You need someone to collect PayPal funds?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts