2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old School 2cool
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of "those" phone calls today. Seems my oldest daughter was involved in her first car wreck today in League City. She's fine and nobody was injured. When Cassaundra and I arrived the the police officer was already there and doing his investigation. Being her first accident (and in her Grandma's car) Kayleigh was understandibly emotional. The officer, M. Buffington was awesome. Patient, professional and understanding! Both Cassaundra and I were very impressed with his professional conduct. We could definitely use more guys like him on our streets! Thank you Officer Buffington! Guy and Cassaundra

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Guy, I'm glad no one was hurt and that your daughter was treated fairly. How the police handle young folks in a situation like that can make a huge difference when it comes to that young persons attitude toward the law for years to come. And as we all know, your attitude can get you by or bring you down.

Kudos to LCPD!

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Sure glad to hear your daughter is ok. Obviously, the most important thing. Sounds like she enountered an experienced, mature law officer ... my hat's off to ya, Officer B!

·
Registered
315 Posts
LEO's

It's been my experience, all over these United States, that police officers are generally good, decent people who take their job seriously and are professionals.

Two weeks ago, while towing the boat to the coast, I had a blow out on the left front tire on the trailer. The situation was such that I couldn't pull the trailer off the road (dual lane highway-77- just north of Giddings). While in the process of removing the bad tire...with 18 wheelers whizzing by 5 feet away at 70 MPH...a Texas Trooper pulled up behind me. After, I'm sure, running the tags on the trailer, he walked up. I told him how glad I was to see him and thanked him for knocking some of the traffic off of me. He patted me on the shoulder and, while pulling his gloves on, says "Take a break, I'll work on it for a while". I tried to object, saying how sweaty and greasy he'd get, but he'd have none of it. His response was "Consider it your tax dollars at work".

After we got the tire changed, he gave me directions to several tire houses in Giddings and blocked the traffic while I pulled out onto 77 .

At this point I was afraid of the other tires so I bought 5 new tires at Wilbert's...good folks and worked like Petty's pit crew...and went on my merry way.

The only thing I didn't do was get the Trooper's name. I can only hope he's reading this. If so, THANKS! This kind of man, though, doesn't do his job for thanks. He does it because it's his job.

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Guy and Cassaundra,
Glad to hear she's OK. Also pleased to hear about Buffington, he's a good guy. I'll be pointing his Lt. (Greg Flowers) towards this post. Out of all the negative stuff we hear, it's good to hear an attaboy.
Hat's off to the DPS Trooper also. Part of their entrance exam before employment is they are timed on how fast and correct they can change a tire (just FYI).
Made my day to hear about these two.
Greg

Reactions: Badhabit

·
Fishin' 4 Crappie
345 Posts
I am glad to hear a good story about police officers. I had a horrible experience with a Houston officer last year with my wife and daughter in the car. It really affected how my whole family views the police officers.

·
Old School 2cool
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bro, I kinda figured you would! If you know the supervisor and dont mind getting me the contact info, I'd like to do a nice formal letter for him too. Thanks again, Guy
GreatWhite4591 said:
Guy and Cassaundra,
Glad to hear she's OK. Also pleased to hear about Buffington, he's a good guy. I'll be pointing his Lt. (Greg Flowers) towards this post. Out of all the negative stuff we hear, it's good to hear an attaboy.
Hat's off to the DPS Trooper also. Part of their entrance exam before employment is they are timed on how fast and correct they can change a tire (just FYI).
Made my day to hear about these two.
Greg

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
A change for the good.

I am glad to hear things have changed in Leaque city from the days when David Duke made his only election stop in Texas was Leaque City.
For those who dont know who he is he was the KKK leader running for President 15 years ago.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Guy,

I forgot to mention (but I'm sure you know) that I'm so glad Kayleigh is okay, and that nobody was injured. I'm sure her nerves were rattled, and she may have sore muscles tomorrow.

·
Duty Is Our's; Consequences are God's!
7,615 Posts
Guy, glad to hear she wasn't hurt! We do have a lot of very good LEOs out there protecting us. It is a real shame that one or two bad apples so to speak can sometimes case a bad shadow of all those in uniform. I know many LEOs and can say they are super folks that really care about their jobs and people in general. My hats off to them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts