2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i do? no need to call animal control as all they will do is tell the owner not to do it again and the next day i will see the pit loose again. if this pit kills one of my cats, it will not be nice for the pit

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
How would a pit bull unlock your gate and get into your back yard? Surely you don't let your cat roam the neighborhood, do you?

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
How would a pit bull unlock your gate and get into your back yard? Surely you don't let your cat roam the neighborhood, do you?
And it would obviously be the Pit Bull's fault...because we all know they are EVIL cat-killers.
If both owners would restrain their animals...no trouble. No 1-owner is more at fault than the other. The DOG owner (Pit Bull or not) should have his animal properly confined. CAT owners that don't keep their animals confined properly are a huge nuisance to the community.

What you should do is call Animal Control and let them know of a loose dog.
If you have a way to contact the owner (sounds like you know them)...why not go to them directly?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Labs sucks, retarded inbred dogs that only know how to do two things chew up furniture and retrieve

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
My neighbors lab went under my double wide and ate my 15' diameter HVAC crossover duct....I air conditioned under my home for months before I found out why my air was not working correctly....He bought and installed a new duct but I ate the increase in Reliant electric bills...

Then someone stole the dog out of his yard...

I was glad....:rotfl:

Pit Bulls are basically untrustworthy and I do not care how long you own and love one...Just a matter of time...

My family raised them so I speak from a couple very serious experiences so don't come back trying to bust my balls here...

·
3,848 Posts
Pit Bulls are basically untrustworthy and I do not care how long you own and love one...
I know I shouldn't...but I have to ask. :headknock :headknock
Why would you think a Pit Bull is any less trustworthy than any other full size powerful dog? ALL breeds have their anomolies and if you polled everyone here I'd wager that we'd cover a WIDE variety of dogs people have "experienced 1st hand" as being untrustworthy, aggressive, mean, bad, etc...etc...

Labs sucks, retarded inbred dogs that only know how to do two things chew up furniture and retrieve
At least they (Labs) can do those 2 things VERY well. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'd still like to know why not just contact the dog's owner and have him come pick up the dog? Seems like a reasonable idea.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know I shouldn't...but I have to ask. :headknock :headknock
Why would you think a Pit Bull is any less trustworthy than any other full size powerful dog? ALL breeds have their anomolies and if you polled everyone here I'd wager that we'd cover a WIDE variety of dogs people have "experienced 1st hand" as being untrustworthy, aggressive, mean, bad, etc...etc...

At least they (Labs) can do those 2 things VERY well. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'd still like to know why not just contact the dog's owner and have him come pick up the dog? Seems like a reasonable idea.
because the owners are some lowlife tugs. it would be better to do away with the dog then talk to them. glad they and the dog live on the next block over from me, but this pit keeps coming around my hood and there are little kids around here. glad nothing has happen yet and hope it never does.if the dog comes up on me while working outside it will get whatever i can find to get it with at the time, bag his *** like a deer.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Not up for a debate Blue Wave but to answer your question I feel that way because not one but two of our family pit bulls turned on two immediate members of my family (children) many many years ago...One was running in the yard and the other was swinging on a swing and it seems the pits thought they should not be doing that...

BTY....We now raise Dobermans....

·
3,848 Posts
I don't have any desire to keep debating this subject Frank, and I do appreciate the reply. That is definitely a negative personal experience, but I'm sure you know that Dobermans can (and are) just as unpredictable as Pit Bulls. There was a time in history that Dobes were the "hated breed" as Pit Bulls are today.

Funny that you happen to raise Dobermans...that is the 1 breed of dog I am very afraid of due to my own personal experiences. My wife has a scar on her face from when a Doberman attacked her as a child, and I was bitten when I was in Jr. High by a family friend's Dobe when I got up to go pee 1 night spending the night over at his house. Those dogs are (IMO) just as dangerous (from MY experience) as any large-breed powerful dog I've ever encountered...maybe more-so.

·
3,848 Posts
I am scared of poodles myself. Those darn things a crazy.
Especially if you have sensitive ankles...they'll get 'ya there every time!!
We actually had a poodle for a little while when I was a kid. That had to have been the dumbest dang dog we ever had in the house. I don't think that means ALL poodles are retarded...but that one was definitely a half-wit.

After that my family had (and still has) mini dachshunds. Parents have 2 of them, Sister has 2, and their neighbor has 1. They are cool little dogs, but dang they are YAPPY!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.