2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been down to the Pirates Beach Marina/Boat Ramp within the past year or recent past. Is it still in business? Can you still physically launch from there? From local.live.com, it looks like the boat docks and ramp were damage two years ago and were really never repaired. I'm just curious is it still like this? Were renting a house down there in August and was concerned if the place was still open and could I still launch from there. Here is the pic.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Last I heard it had gone bankrupt and had cobwebs all over the place.
No biggie, Sea Isle has a better access point to it anyway.

·
A,A&CSC,BR&TA
937 Posts
Launched there with a buddy in April and everything was good. The docks were pretty much rebuilt and that old cat had been hauled up on the bulkhead.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Launched in June. Ramp is in great shapre.. Stay in line on the way out or just to the port side. Heard the Hurricane moved the markers over east a bit. You can run aground quick if you are off course till you reach the bay waters..

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
sqwaby said:
Is that a public ramp?
It is/was public for a fee. There was a thread recently that was about the bait camp closing and being remodeled as a sales office for new mid-rise condos built I believe just to the right of the bait camp building in that lot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Launched in Mid-June. Ramp and docks were fine. The bait camp had no white flag in the morning, but when ew returned around noon, they had the white flag flying...

I beleive the # on the Top Spot map still works...

orange

·
Registered
315 Posts
Does anyone have GPS coordinates to safely navigate out to the bay from the ramp? Lets say... safe enough for boats that require 2 foot of water.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Transport22 said:
Does anyone have GPS coordinates to safely navigate out to the bay from the ramp? Lets say... safe enough for boats that require 2 foot of water.

Thanks in advance.
There is no shallow water in Lake Como on the way out. Launch and head straight across the lake to the channel. It's clearly marked with red and green PVC poles. Stay between the poles. After that you can go pretty much ant where in that area of the bay. If you draft two feet I'd stay out of the back of coves or anywhere behind the geo tubes.

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
I used to love using this ramp back in the days I lived down there, no boat traffic on weekdays and alot less likely to be broken into being next to those condos and the golf course. I hope they don't take this place and run it into the ground like other public ramps turn private.

·
Fightin Texas Aggie 12th Man
380 Posts
Yes, it is currently open. We just used it last week. $5.00 launch fee, and it is very easy to navigate the channel out to the bay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts