2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if u guys that have them like them or dislike ? Iam thinking of making them standard on my trailers.

·
See ya on the flats!
1,840 Posts
Love mine. Just watch out for ropes when launching...they will break the pvc cap and light cover. I ordered 2 of the light cases so that I have them the next time it happens. Otherwise they are great. I've had them for 2 years now and haven't had an issue!

Late,
Cox

·
Registered
838 Posts
I thought they were BS for years. But my new boat has them and I love'em. My T top has a tendency to blow my boat off course in windy conditions and the pipes catch me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Love the LED version with the added lights on the cap for backing up the trailer at night and to see it in the rear view going down the highway when it gets dark

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great I have gotten 3 cases of these so I think Ill start doing it wont be much more money on the trailers iam going to post a add in the classifieds thanks for the response

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
I wish I had them on mine. - Coach

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Mine are bolted to the channel and wiggle around a lot. I was thinking of bolting the end of them to the bunk boards also since they are about 2" below the boards to stiffen them up. The channel just flexes to much on my old trailer. Other than that I like them.

Ken

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does anyone know the names of the pipe lights that sit on top... these have an amber/red housing. Not like the LED ones that face the rear. These are mounted at the very top of the actual pipe and help you while backing up with the amber lenses and warn people from the rear with the red lenses...... I've seen them a couple of times but can't seem to find them when I'm looking to purchase them.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Shep said:
Does anyone know the names of the pipe lights that sit on top... these have an amber/red housing. Not like the LED ones that face the rear. These are mounted at the very top of the actual pipe and help you while backing up with the amber lenses and warn people from the rear with the red lenses...... I've seen them a couple of times but can't seem to find them when I'm looking to purchase them.
They are just riding lights. Cheap junkie lights.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are but a 2 in recesed light with a rubber crommet like on most trailers fits in the top and they work pretty good just enough to see in the mirror

·
Registered
416 Posts
lights on top of the pipe lights

I love the pipe lights, since the light is out of the water when launching the boat. It also makes backing the empty trailer easier to see. The only issue I have is that I cannot light my license plate and I sure hope i do not get stopped by the cops. I have tried to figure where else to mount the plate but I do not want it on the pipe light assembly itself.

I also added the amber red lights to the top and they are okay. I would like to see a led light for this application since mine must vibrate too much and never make a round trip to the coast and back. In fact the lights usually burn out or blow out on the ride down. I bought mine at Boaters World , but I noticed Bass Pro Shops and Academy has them as well.

James

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Driversdie fender is ok with a white light but remeber u must also have the lower tail lights or a side facing red light and lights can be over 72 inches tall

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I just have a standard trailer license light with waterproof wiring. I still unplug when I launch. No problems, after a year. At least its only one light bulb and not critical to safety. Little Jimmy- thats why I call them junkie.. I had all the same problems you had- why I call them cheap junkie lights.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I really like the pipe lights. Mine have the license mounted on the post with the left tail/brake light which lights the license (the bottom of the light case is open). My trailer is 20 years old and I replaced the lights about 8 years ago after smashing one when I hit the 'close' button on my gate a few feet too soon. ;)
Other than that they have problem free.

·
Roll Tide!!!
2,974 Posts
Little Jimmy Cook said:
The only issue I have is that I cannot light my license plate and I sure hope i do not get stopped by the cops. I have tried to figure where else to mount the plate but I do not want it on the pipe light assembly itself.
I bought a white LED step light at Boaters World for around $6. It's a light primarily used for a step light. (about 2 inches long, half inch wide). I drilled and mounted this little light into my aluminum Astro's License plate frame. I threw some clear chaulk around it to seal it up tight. I also used liquid tape and heat shrink on all my connections. That little white LED does a darn good job. It's been installed about a year.

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I love mine. I have the LED version and they're super bright.

The light on the other side is a brilliant little idea because it lets you easily see your guide posts while backing up when it's dark out.

·
21 Shallow Sport
406 Posts
Shep, the amber/red lights that go on the top are available at Academy. contrary to what was said earlier, we have them on our Coastline and love them. They're great to see when backing in the dark, and add a little light to the rear. They are not DOT approved, which doesn't matter as long as they're not the only ones you have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had trouble with the bulbs buring out on the top mounted lights also . Too much vibration .Finally figured it out - a bolt 1/3 from bottom and 1/3 from top thru pipe and square tubing. Filled the inside of the pipe with expanding foam then remonted top light . No problems in 2 years .
Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts