2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit PINS today about 7:00 am today with Derek and Jim in search of some jacks and sharks.
All 3 of us got into some jacks. Derek landed 1 and lost 2, Jim landed 2 and lost 1, and I landed 1 and broke 2 off. Total of nine hooked up between us three.
Through out the day Derek and Jim got into some nice Bulls all 5' and over.
Jim got a 7' 1", 6' 9" AND 5' Bull.
Derek got a 5' 4" Bull.
No sharks for me today but I did land the Jack on my 4' 6" bait rod with 10lb test with the help of Derek. Thats also what I lost the other two jacks on. I had been wanting to do that for awhile now.
I'd also like to mention that all the sharks were released safely to fight another day.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a few more pics....

The pics do not do the Bulls justice they were much fatter than they appear.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great job guys! Keep it up, looks like yall had a blast. Did yall yak those baits out? What reel and rod did you catch um on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great trip/report.

That is an awsome trip. And I know what you mean about the pic's not doing the bulls justice. We caught some last weekend (smaller 5 footers and less) and the pictures did not show how fat these suckers where.
where the jacks close to the beach?
Did you catch the bulls with the jacks?
Are you guys fishing the Sharkathon, looks like you might have some bait LOL.

Henry R.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great trip, FS552. It's always great to land jacks like those on light tackle.

A few of us from the Kingsville area, and if I can get some of the guys from the Alice/Odem areas, will be headed down the beach this weekend so hopefully we have some of the great trip that y'all just had.

So c'mon Gill Ripper, Animal, Rick, Masonator and Co.... check those leaders, TAMUK Anglers, and let's put the books down for a day or two and get to the sand...

Roy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome job! We were down there and got some bull redfish on Sun. and one blacktip but nothing like that. We were around 25 mm. You?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Well done guys, looks like you had a blast. Thanks for the pics......................later,Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts