2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still somewhat intriqued with the idea of a 50 gallon pillowtank. The plumbing has me a little concerned. I have twin outboards with separate fuel lines and Racors from one big tank. The Racor mounts appear to have two fuel inlets with only one being used and the other plugged. Assuming I could run two fuel lines from the pillowtank to the separate Racors thru some type of valve, will I also need to put valves between the Racors and the big tank for closing that off while running of the pillow. I'm not sure what happens if the Racors are getting fuel from two tanks at the same time. Of course the idea is to drain the Pillowtank as soon as possible to get it out of the way. Am I on the right track?

·
Banned
299 Posts
From what you have described. It sounds like you are on the right track.

I would put valves between the Racors and the fuel lines of the two tanks. Thats a total of four valves.

The main thing to remember is each engine needs it's own fuel line to each tank. If they share a line, one motor will be starved of fuel.

good luck :goldfish:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I run two tanks into racors with shutoff valves at each tank. You do need the valves between the filter and the tanks or the engines will pull from the tank with the the most head (highest relative level). Without valves and when not running the engines, the higher tank will slowly drain into the lower tank through the top of the filter.

My insurance company specifically asked about shutoff valves at the tanks, so I installed them at the pickups. Must be an issue somewhere.

My two cents ;-)
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts