2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I’m getting old. Now more times than not. I’m waking up with a crick in my neck.

Where does one buy quality pillows? What is a quality pillow?

I need my neck to not hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Banned
1,142 Posts

· Registered
2,649 Posts
After years of soft pillows and aching neck/shoulders my wife picked up a couple of very firm ones at Walmart for less than $50 for the pair. I hate firm pillows but within a week literally a the normal pains I've had were gone.

· Registered
219 Posts
This might just be me but I had some really bad neck pain for months. It was worse every morning but got better through the day. I tried several different pillows and I got no clue why but one night I tried no pillow. Next morning tons better. Day after almost gone. The couple times it's came back I just sleep without a pillow and it loosens it up.

I do have to take all the pillows off the bed because it does feel awkward and I'll try and roll around and find a pillow in my sleep.

· Professional Salesman
9,756 Posts
Never met a down pillow that I didn't hate! Slept on 100s in hotels. Always mush flat. I've stacked them 5 high. I sometimes take the throw pillows from the hotel couch or a couch cushion to get some support for my neck. I'm certain those are very sanitary. :cop:

· Senior Mumbler
11,453 Posts
Wife has been having troubles sleeping (which means I do too...). So bought one of those expensive down pillows for her.
Rep said guys do better w/ feather pillows and ladies w/ down. Then there's the whole issue of sleeping on back, side or front which determines how much loft you need. I learned way more than I ever wanted. But, I've had the same pillow since grade school. And it looks like it. I'm probably next for a new pillow.
Oh, and he did say it takes a while to break one in kinda like a baseball mitt.

· Registered
4,988 Posts
I've used buckwheat pillows for 15 years and can barely sleep on anything else. Saw a Mel Tillis show back then and he said he always took his when traveling so I tried one. They are heavy, noisy, and cool but comfortable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.