2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got pics of my euro mount. Looks awesome Excellent job. If anyone needs a euro I highly recommend Joe in mossouri city area. He is a stand up guy and does great work for a great price. His number is 713 504 8874. Tell him Josh sent you.

Attachments

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, thats painted or something
I didnt ask if you liked it or not. Keep your FN negative comments to your self. Pretty rude if you ask me to ruin my post with your BS. He uses dermested beetles not paint.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks good, don't worry about the negative comments. It's comments like these that keep people from posting more

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
great looking pig mount! from what i've seen, you can do a natural look or do the painted look using some sort of special paint bought from craft stores. Catchy told me the stuff but I can't remember...I'll find out bc I have to get some for mine this wkend. REGARDLESS-looks GREAT

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
This is Natural true Bone but yours looks terrific too: I remove and hand clean and buff to a glossy finish every tooth, sand the skull down and absolutely use NO PAINT!

Attachments

·
9,095 Posts
I didnt ask if you liked it or not. Keep your FN negative comments to your self. Pretty rude if you ask me to ruin my post with your BS. He uses dermested beetles not paint.
Beautiful Mount, don't worry about the critics! People do not understand how much work goes into these danged hogs and all of the processes that we go through to get them this way! Once Again, Beautiful Job! Beatles don't get them this white, it takes a lot of time and effort to finish them after the beetles get their job done!

·
9,095 Posts
great looking pig mount! from what i've seen, you can do a natural look or do the painted look using some sort of special paint bought from craft stores. Catchy told me the stuff but I can't remember...I'll find out bc I have to get some for mine this wkend. REGARDLESS-looks GREAT
It's Not Paint Or Bleach William, it's Baked in 40 volume peroxide which helps dry out the inside of the bone but has to be heat activated to work correctly and it is rinsed off after use! The skull HAS to be Hot tank dipped in a mixture of Ammonia and Blue Dawn dish washing soap after the beatles finish it up to get the fat out of the bone and it can take up to a dozen over night tank bath's to get the yellow greasy fat pulled out! The Teeth have to be scraped clean /Bead blasted then polished to a brilliant shine! There aren't a whole lot of us that have all of this equipment and patients to mess with a nasty hog skull!

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
from inside my shop doing euro mounts thats all.

Oh thats why youre so jealous. Next time try not to bleach the bases. You arent gonna get any buisness acting like that around here.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts