2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures were just too cool to not post here. These are not my photos, but they were posted on another forum. They are pictures of one of the marinas in Key Biscayne, which is just off Miami. The guy was coming in and looked over the gunwhale and saw this. I could just imagine the story some kid could have told as he was using his spider man fishing pole fishing for little mangrove dock snappers and hooked a small sail. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Inshore fish

I was in Melbourne, Florida two weeks ago and saw numerous tarpon up to 15 pounds in the marina along with several manatees.

Mike

·
Registered
250 Posts
Call me a liar if you want, but I saw my brother hook a sail from the bank at Pass Cavallo, POC. The fish hit a free-lined, live mullet. The ambassader 5500 lasted about 7 or 8 seconds until spooled. Hell of a show. Guess he came in with the blue water in early fall.

·
Tight Lines to All!!!
308 Posts
Is the story in the restaraunt in Port isabel true, about a guy landing that big sail on the pier? I really thought it was bs, but am wondering if it could be true. There is a story about a real long fight and all. Restaurant is Pirate's landing.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's 100% a sail. The sail is just collapsed. Regardless of what kind of billfish it is, I just couldn't believe it was hanging out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts