2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new here still, but once I get my boat back in the water I am sure I will be doing some posting. I work for an oilfield company and we design and build a lot of equipment that goes to the deepwater SPAR rigs in the Gulf. I was curious if anyone could post some pictues of some of these rigs. I think it would be neat to see where the equipment I work on goes. My little 21 foot bay boat won't quite get out there. But back about 15 years ago we were running a 31 foot sportfisherman out, and I really miss those days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Spars

My company owns the Devils Tower Spar, and we have pipeline equipment/SCR's on Boomvang, Nansen, Gunnison, and Front Runner. Who do you work for?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
here ya go Boomvang

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Good to see our industry with such good representation on this board! I work for Global Industries- we are an offshore construction company. Counselor - we installed the 18" trunkline at Gunnison for you guys. We have also done work at Nansen and Boomvang, Typhoon, and many more. Don't have any pics but I just wanted to let you guys know I'm out here.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good pictures and good links. I have done some work with BP Mad Dog, BP Holstien, Murphy Frontrunner as well as a few others. It puts it a little more in perspective when you realize these rigs are not all that far away.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
they are just far away enough to make them very dangerous to some of us smaller boat owners that can't resist the chance to do battle with larger tuna and pointy faces...rick

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
they are just far away enough to make them very dangerous to some of us smaller boat owners that can't resist the chance to do battle with larger tuna and pointy faces...rick
LOL @ Rick, you said it well... Not to mention the expence with fuel prices so high.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts