2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Those are some really nice fish, Catfish. I got the hooks (and the bumper sticker) in the mail yesterday... thanks...
I took a neighbor fishing and almost got skunked... I was pathetic in my sight selection to say the least... maybe next time I'll have some pictures to share... at least we got the skunk smell out of the boat. I can see that you don't know what that smell is LOL.....

TT<><

·
Registered
550 Posts
Whaw dat sometin wid "scales" is de Catfish boat? Please somebody tell me that weren't SCALES! LOL

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where we Catfish once or twice a year there seems to be a good striper run there ... I like to catch a few .. They fight good and taste good ... All catfishg in those picyures were CPR .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very nice looking fish, I've been catching alot but mostly 1 and 2 pounders, nothing spectacular until I eat them.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hawkeye -- Do not get discouraged buddy - How did your ploy for bait come ? It is just going to take some TOW to find your spots .. I like to fish the tailraces of dams this time of year -- Give that a shot if there is a large one close to you .. Also talk to people at the bait shop , the boat ramp ect... You can learn a lot by being friendly and listening ... The James river is one of the premier Catfish rivers in the US -- I am sure you will make good use of it ...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Dat's good advice, too. Just giving you a hard time Catfish. I have been known (although I will deny it to the general public) to make a special trip to fish pickwick behind the dam just to fish for stripers...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have had days when I couldn't keep a hook in the water without catching one. There my deep dark secret is out. I love catching them from the bank, as you don't have to bother hauling the boat, and fighting the current.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Catfish,
I took a neighbor who really wasn't all that keen on catfishing (yeah, I know LOL)... I didn't spend a lot of time trying to catch bait, since a brought everything I could thing of for bait... I just think I set up in all the wrong places.. I anchored uptide from a nice deep hole, but missed the end of the gut by about twenty yards trying to get right on top of the end of the deep water while the tide was ripping was a challenge for me. I won't get discouraged. It was good to catch a fish... this was the first "real" fishing trip in the boat, so I didn't expect too much from either the boat or myself. It is a little unnerving to actually not have to worry about having the engine run hot or some other mechanical failure... there's going to be another trip soon, with different results I hope. One of my friends was headed out when I was heading in. He uses a 100' gill net to catch bait, so I might be in the market for a net......

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
nice 'uns...

Catfish,
yeah,man...nice sized rockfish,bud...Dat's what they is called 'round here.Good eatin',too.Is that is ,or is that ain't,the hat we'll all be wearin' soon?You make a fine model!!:p

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
People ask me if I'm striperfishing or catfishing all the time...I ask them,"What's the difference?''Very little difference in technique,really!

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
I've caught my biggest stripers using cut bait,believe it or not,though not intentionally.Like I've posted before,when R&R feeshin',I'll put out a "Baseball bobber" or two,with live shad on smaller Mustad Kahles.This lake full of both rockfish and blues,so ya happen on 'em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts