2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is just the start. i will post more later. me, my wife and 2 frinds rode it out in my home on offatts bayou in galveston just off 61st. what a ride. water was 8 1/2 feet around. 1 inch short of coming in my home. i am 14 1/2 feet above sea level.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have been on the island for 45 years and have never left for a storm. never though the WATER would go so high. now i know. i will leave for a rain storm now???? please don't call the CCA on me. then again,well???? i will post some more later, but the job is killing me right now and have not had time for anything else. truck was not covered on insurance. water was only 2 1/2 feet over my truck and it was jacked up on blocks about 4 feet.FEMA said no go because i have another car.

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
If I were you I would get a different rifle, it does not appear that the one you have did anything from stopping Ike from trespassing :D

Cool pictures...glad you are ok but I personally don't think styaing was a smart decesion.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
11andy11 said:
what you do, put your truck out of its misery?
had to put her down. she had a bad night and there was no turning back. had to lay her down. she had 207,000 miles and i would drive it anywhere. that truck never left me on the side of the road. it was the 45. not a smart thing to do by staying, but i never though the water would come so high. the water came to the top of my staircase in my home. the only reason i don't have pictures of it is because i put the cam up to keep it dry because i was about to swim. i hope i leave for the next one???????

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I dunno....werent they saying expect a 15 to 20 foot surge? Didnt they say leave or die? Granted you werent on the west end but that would have made me pretty darn nervous to hear that.

However, cool pix. Looks like you had a nail biter of a night.

We had 91" of water up our downstairs walls...that put it about 3" from the ceiling. And our slab sits 6.5 feet above sea level at mean tide. So your slab is 14.5 feet? And you had 8.5 on top of that? Yikes!

·
Master of Ceremonies
1,451 Posts
Glad you all are OK. It must have been one heck of a night! Thanks for the pictures and update. CCA is going to be mad but at least the cooler had it's own PFD :)

Edit:

In your first pic the first thing I thought of was Youngblood from Dog the Bounty Hunter...:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts