2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen plenty of pictures of the damage Ike caused but thought some of you might want to see some of the things Ike did in the Golden Triangle. The first picture I took on Sat. morning about 9am at Hwy 73 and Englin Rd. The gulf came over the highway about 3' deep in that area. It was flooded for over 15 miles. This is about 12 miles from where the beach normally is. It rose another 2' before noon. We estimate there were 4-5000 cattle drowned south of Hwy 73. There were dead cattle littering the highway the entire 15 miles. The 2 barges are stranded on Hwy 73 near Taylors Bayou. They were cut into scrap metal and removed by dump truck. The Hwy was reopened yesterday 9-27-08. There is one picture of what is left of Sea Rim State Park. Building is gutted and there is nothing much left but steel beams. The others are Pleasure Island Marina. They speak for themselves
 

Attachments

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
Joined
·
820 Posts
Thanks for sharing those Tony. I need to get with you and get copies. I'm making a compilation of all our pictures. I'll give you a call Monday when I head out to see what I can do with my tractor and the mess at my place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
that is a cool house, I did not know you could dock your 60' yacht in your driveway! Wonder how much they want for that boat now?
 

·
JD Clowney Has Rabies.
Joined
·
5,338 Posts
REELAGGIE said:
that is a cool house, I did not know you could dock your 60' yacht in your driveway! Wonder how much they want for that boat now?
im sure if they painted in burnt orange it would be worth more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whistlingdixie said:
hey tony were you standing out there when we got in those boats and drove down hwy 73 going to big hill.
Yes I was but I didn't get any pics, I was too busy worrying about Grayson being dead! We should have beat the snot out of him when he showed up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brad Beaulieu said:
Thanks for sharing those Tony. I need to get with you and get copies. I'm making a compilation of all our pictures. I'll give you a call Monday when I head out to see what I can do with my tractor and the mess at my place.
Give me a call. I'm laid up at the house with aftereffects of the kidney stone. I also have some cool pictures from the Port of Beaumont.
 

·
JD Clowney Has Rabies.
Joined
·
5,338 Posts
tokavi said:
Yes I was but I didn't get any pics, I was too busy worrying about Grayson being dead! We should have beat the snot out of him when he showed up!
Your not telling me. I hate snakes and i saw a few thousand out there. That was pure work dragging those boats around. I am just happy he is ok but what i saw is something i will never forget. Me and casey were out there for about 6 hours trying to get to him. Thanks to Doug Sartin for the beer lol definitly needed that.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top