2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics from Saturday offshore. The water was beautiful. If you look close you can see the satalite tag attached to the tarpon. We were in rolling tarpon all day Saturday and Brent managed to jump one.

Great event Scott. Brent, Brad and I had a great time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice shots, Jimmy. If anyone got other fish shots or some some pics of the awards and give aways, would you please pm either me or Scott. We got a little busy and didn't have a chance to get any shots.

Thanks to all for making it a great tournament. Now, it'll be interesting to see the data and how much more we can be confused.

Tight lines, AC

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jumped one....

The final score:

By my estimates, I spent about 3 hours traveling on the highway, 8 hours traveling in the boat, part of that in the rain, 12 frustrating hours baking in the sun looking for, finding, chasing, losing tarpon, punctuated by a second and a half of unbelievable excitement....immediately followed by devastating dissapointment. It was worse than my sex life lately. I think I hate tarpon fishing even more than Farley does.

So.....Who else will be ready to do it again this weekend? :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'll be out there this weekend if the seas are small enough for my Gulf Coast. My last trip out, we ran about 130 and didn't even see one fish. We did work a couple schools of bait fish pretty hard, but only had sharks and I think a Jack. The next day I found out we were just a couple miles from a guy hookin'-up to some fish by himself and wasn't able to work them very well. Needless to say, I was beat-up and dissappointed. Still looking for my first fish. This is my 7th summer lookin' for 'em and haven't even hooked one yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts