2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for too many years to remember i have soaked my fish in picante sauce before frying!it was even put into the txas parks&wildlife magazine a couple of years ago!i soak them for an hour after cutting them into strips so they don`t retain as much peanut oil(350 degrees for ten to twelve minutes or golden brown)whatever batter you use if you put lawrys elmon pepper in it that also is part of my recipe!I have fished people from all over the united states and they all have ranted and raved about this recipe!fell free to e-mail me for more particulars! set hook pkfav

·
Salt/Freshwater Angler
214 Posts
what kind of picante sauce do u recomend? id like to try this recipe after i haul in the fish this weekend. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pace HOT picante sauce!the hotter the better.i soak mine for 30 minutes.my wife likes it spicier so i soak hers for an hour.i take a gallon ziploc and dump the blue bag of loiusianna fry in and lawrys lemon pepper a half a bottle,zip it up and mix it and when i pull the fish out of the refigerator,i just put several strips in and shake like shake&bake,if my peanut oil is 350 degrees,it will float in 10-12 minutes but i watch it until it browns and pluck them one at a time as they brown to my liking!let me know what ya think!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O.K. mando.i hope that don`t mean ya got skunked this weekend and didn`t have none to fry!let me know what ya think when ya get a chance to ude it.everyone says its award winning recipe! thanks pkfav

·
Salt/Freshwater Angler
214 Posts
lol yes it does, i got skunked lol
my dad pulled out a bunch of white bass with MY magic mr.champ spoon. all i got this weekend was a little white bass, a little largemouth and a 2'gar. we got fish to fry but were giving the em to my grandparents. maybe ill get into the fish on the surf sometime soon.

·
Salt/Freshwater Angler
214 Posts
u guys need to try this recipe out! i fired up some gafftop after soaking it in pace mild sause for an hour then mixed the corn bread w/lemon pepper....good good good

i ate like 2 gafftop my self lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts