2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that a Canadian cross or what ??????? Beautiful bird and Awesome mount!
Grizzly1,

No it's not a Canadian cross, it's one of the Cacklers, this is an Aleutian and is very unique in how it's built! The long wingspan of these geese make it look a lot bigger than it really is. Their bodies are much smaller that your lessers, they are more the size of an adult Ross goose.

These geese migrate into California across the ocean from the Aleutian Islands, Alaska. Although we see them here in southern California, it's very rare. Pretty much, the only state that can hunt these are California and Oregon. These birds were almost extinct in the late 60's, we now have an extended season on them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Grizzly1,

No it's not a Canadian cross, it's one of the Cacklers, this is an Aleutian and is very unique in how it's built! The long wingspan of these geese make it look a lot bigger than it really is. Their bodies are much smaller that your lessers, they are more the size of an adult Ross goose.

These geese migrate into California across the ocean from the Aleutian Islands, Alaska. Although we see them here in southern California, it's very rare. Pretty much, the only state that can hunt these are California and Oregon. These birds were almost extinct in the late 60's, we now have an extended season on them.
Well I learned something new today! HAHA Thanks for the information, that is really a unique and beautiful bird with nice colors and great taxidermy work as well. I would DEFINITELY have it on my wall as well!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts