2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Element 8, and now I find that I need a tutorial, as it seems to be overwhelming. I am a beginner and have no experiance with using software for photography, but am eager to learn. I have 30 days in which to find out if I want to pay for a license for Photoshop. I don't expect to learn everything in that time frame, but I would sure like to have enough knowledge to base a decision on whether or not to buy it.

Does anyone know where/what is the best tutorial and what is a fair price? Hopefully this will be an online tutorial.

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/

Elements Village is a great forum to learn from.

Your not going to learn it 30 days lol. I have Photoshop Elements 6 and love it. There are additional detailed programs called Plug Ins that enhance your Elements program in a thousand different ways. This can be done later down the road. Elements 8 should keep you very happy many years to come.
At first I was clueless on how to use any of this software but gradually I learned.
It took a while. Heck I'm still learning and it's been a couple of years now.
Have fun with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
For starters about any of the elements tutorials will be useful. There isn't much difference between releases. I had 5 for a long time and just upgraded to 8 and found very little difference other than 8 loads and runs about half as fast as 5 did. Some icons changed shape but their functionality seems to be the same.

I'm probably going to give 8 to one of my kids and go back to 5... Got 8 at costco for $50 with a coupon. There also might be some earlier tutorials at the local library.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses....I had tried doing Google searches, but really didn't find anything as usefull as the site that Sandy supplied...Thanks Sandy. I am also going to check u-tube to see if there's anything there.

I anticipate that it will take awhile before I get comfortable using the software, so I better get started...lol!

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts