2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Got to agree, philly, about 1500 miles, airline ticket, about 500 bucks cheese steak from Pat's and Geno's, priceless. Pat's chops thier meat, Geno's uses bigger pieces.It's tradition even though there's lots of places to get a better cheese steak ( if I remember right one is just off cottman ave and Roosevelt blvd.) you have to go to both Geno's and Pat's.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Born and raised in Philly and they both suck. They just promote them because they are in S Philly and it's relatively close to the hot spots. If you can go to Delesandro's in Roxborough. You will have had the best cheesesteak in Philly. Google delesandro's and see what you get back.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Born and raised in Philly and they both suck. They just promote them because they are in S Philly and it's relatively close to the hot spots. If you can go to Delesandro's in Roxborough. You will have had the best cheesesteak in Philly. Google delesandro's and see what you get back.
told ya:cheers: ask the locals. Thay are good if your from Tejas like me but I got a friend up there that says the same thing as LILSTUDD. I guess its like Man VS Food. Got to try it due to the hype but Delesandro's comes with high remarks from my buddy. Any good friend of 24Buds KNOWS his eats. Just ask him if he ate it? He'll say yeas and direct you to Delesandro or the like.

Good eatin my friend. Don't forget the hot pretzel off the carts....dayum now I am hungry again!:walkingsm

·
Registered
389 Posts
Roxborough

There should have been a disclaimer included here, everyone knows people from Roxborough have to be half goat to go up and down those hills and will eat anything a goat will. So just be warned. LOL

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Heard from a co-worker about some place in Philly where they have a huge chunk of beef searing on a grill and they flip it over and slice off the seared part and flip it to another grill and another guy finishes messing it up with onions & whatever.
He said when he rounded the corner he thought the place was on fire because of the smoke coming out of the proped open door. It wasn't Pat's or Geno's.
Wish I could remember the name of the place.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just spent a full week in Philly for work last month. Like any tourist, 1st thing I wanted was an authentic "Philly Cheese Steak"......I ate at Jims and Genos and to be honest was far from impressed w/ either. Sure, they were good, but not any better (and maybe not as good) as the ones you can buy here. Weirdest thing was the locals order them w/ Cheese Whiz (as in out of the can whiz).....

Reminds me of Texans that hit up Taco Cabana at 2am completely drunk and eat anything in sight. Same w/ cheese steaks....show up late and drunk and they are great. Eat one sober, and you may be disappointed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts