2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a drone for the ranch to check the herd & fence lines. The one I'm leaning towards is a DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Version 2.0 Quadcopter. I was looking to see if anyone here has experience with this model.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I use the mavic pro. I love it because it is way more portable

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've got that model and it is a great unit but if I was buying a new one I'd go with the Mavic. The phantom 4 just takes a ton of room to transport. Mavic is much easier to transport and I don't think you lose anything by going to it from a range or quality standpoint

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would go with the Mavic 2 or the Autel Evo II series. EVO II Collections
I would suggest the smart controller with the Autel or the upgrade to CrystalSky with the DJI. It gives you a lot bigger screen than your iPhone and they are not a affected by sunlight like the iPad.
I have switched from the DJI with CrystalSky to the Autel with smart controller, when they become available. Have 10 ordered.

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Autel Evo II Rugged Pro is a pretty robust platform too!!! Thanks for bringing that one to my attention CT!!!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
The mavic is one tough machine. I have crashed in the top of a big pine tree. After it flip flopped and made it to the ground. I fired it back up and away it went. Now it does not know how to swim. Crashed it several times and it was good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts