2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Puerto Vallarta for a week on the 26th - hoping to spend at least two or three days fishing. According to the captains I talked with "fishing is great" - not that I would ever doubt them :biggrin:.

Anyone been recently and have any reports?

Will post pics along the way.

Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Booked one day already for a 10 - 12 hr trip with the Isabella. Needed a large, comfortable boat for the extended family (comfort over fishing if you know what I mean).

Hoping to hook up with Lora in Punta Mita for a couple of additional days - one offshore and one chasing roosterfish. Will head to the docks on Sunday to see what is going on and seeing what type of deal I can make.

·
Shoalwater 23' Cat
503 Posts
PV

Typically this is not the best time of year for that area. (Would also suggest going out of Punta Mita as it is MUCH closer to the fishing grounds) That being said went last year around new year and went 3 for 5 on sails, and caught a few Dorado. Not to mention the 200+ humpback whales which was amazing.

One of my best fishing memories was fighting a sail, and he came up to jump around 50 yards behind the boat, and simultaneously around 150 yards behind the boat a huge HB whale came full breach out of the water at the same time. INCREDIBLE memory. I had a replica mount of that fish based on that memory. The sail not the whale :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts