2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
No, all is not well. PETA is still in the news this morning. Check channel 13 news. Publicity is what they want and publicity is what they are getting. This is just the first volley of what is going to be a very dirty war.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
But Channelcat, you have to admit that we scored a victory by "convincing" Viacom
to take down the extremist propaganda, right?

MEGABITE

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
I think a anti-vegetable group should be started. Aren't plants living things too? LOL

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
You mean like this Waterspout?

"Ooh! crunch Ooh!"

"OUCH! chew OUCH!"

"Ooh chomp OUCH Ooh!

"Ooh, Ooh!!"

"OUCH! for crying out LOUD STOP IT!"

·
12,606 Posts
Exactly Aunt Joyce! Can I be real high up on the corperate pay scale, I mean it was my idea. LOL PETA execs get big bucks.
Say no to veggies!!!!!!

Thank you for your support. lmao

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
MEGABITE said:
But Channelcat, you have to admit that we scored a victory by "convincing" Viacom
to take down the extremist propaganda, right?

MEGABITE
Sure, it is a victory. But we can't let our guard down. We need to be proactive instead of reactive.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
I hear ya

BritishSlave said:
Sure, it is a victory. But we can't let our guard down. We need to be proactive instead of reactive.
Oh believe me, I never let my guard down when it comes to those
hypocritical finatics.

MEGABITE

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
what about all the insects that are killed via pesticides so that they can eat those veggies?

don't insects have rights and feelings? LOL! hypocrites!

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
PETA My have lost the battle but they got what they wanted

Dont think for a second that because the sign got taken down that PETA did not achive thier goal. Their goal is to shcok people and the more news coverage they get the better. To tell you the truth i think the sign should have been left up and alone. Not because i support PETA or because i think they have a right to free speech, but because they won this one anyway we look at it. The sign was put up to get a responce and thats what it got. Just because it was taken down does not men their point was not made. On a side note any one listen to dean and rodge. PETA sent them a bag of poo.

For those of you that think vegetables are treated unhumanly then join the fight and check out this site. really funny. http://www.vegetablecruelty.com/

Josh

·
Registered
223 Posts
Channel 11's take

Last night when they reported this Greg Hurst said that the sign was removed because of complaints from some fishermen. However, the tone of voice and the look he gave said much more that what that talking head was getting from the teleprompter.

MIK

·
12,606 Posts
Neverenough thats some funny shtuff there. LOL poor potatoes being suffocated to death in plastic bags. And, not the blender!!! help!! Guess my idea was a copycat.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Well we could send some humorous stuff with pics and text to them, like you started here waterspout. Even if it isn't a Madison Avenue campaign it would keep them aware that the natives are still stirring and watching them from the bushes....and they won't go away!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Of course they have their right to free speech but we don't have to put up with it if we have the bigger voice(around here anyway). We voiced our opinions and the sign was removed. The Dixie Chicks had their right to free speech and you rarely hear them on the radio anymore because of the dissatisfaction the majority had with them(around here).
We can't ecpect much from the talking heads on the news anyway, we all know what they look for, Shock value or someone crying at thier lowest point in life.
Madam O'hare had her right to free speech and we still haven't gotten that one turned around yet!
Oh no, what have I started now!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
UUUUUmMMMMMM cows taste so good. The other day the waiter asked what would you like for a side item with your steak I said another steak LOL. Oh and the girl friend won tickets on the radio last night, what did she win you ask. Well we get dinner for 2 at Outback steak house and for desert, Jack Ingrams music. You cant beat that Jack and steak,for free. Yup, Im excited...............................................later,Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts