2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my biggest pet peeves is during a conversation, the people who ask themselves questions and then answer the questions.. Example: Does it irk me to no end? Yes... Do I wish people would stop it? Yes.... Will I ever get over it? I don't know....

Lordy that drives me crazy...

What are some of y'all's pet peeves when talking to other folks?

·
2Cool Beer Drinkers Association Member.
1,064 Posts
One of mine is when someone feels the need to get really close to my face during a conversation and then Ill back up and they just keep on getting closer.:headknock

·
Manvel Mob
829 Posts
I worked with a guy about 6 months ago for a week and when you would be discussing anything with him the whole time he would just keep saying right, right, right, repeatedly after about a day of that **** i just wanted to strangle him.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
Majek Texas Slam
5,354 Posts
Goint to dinner and the cell phone ringing, the better half on it and texting the entire time.

People Getting in my personal space when talking to them.

People that smack their food.

Slirpping coffee or hot chocolate, let it cool then sip it. ****

·
Banned
26,286 Posts
At the end of the day

I'm irritated when people interrupt myself or others during a meeting or conversation. If it's completely out of line, I'll call them on it. The other thing that seems to grind my gears are people who have incorporated 'At the end of the day' into their daily communication. Example "We all have certain responsibilities and expectations, but 'at the end of the day' , productivity & the bottom line will tell the story. Where did that come from & what is the point of using it. There is going to be an end to every day. Why not say 'At the end of next Friday'. I can almost predict when some people that I interact with are going to use this stupid arse phrase. :headknock

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
people who haven't bothered to take the time to learn to use the english language properly (especially while they're b*tching and moaning about all of the people speaking spanish), and people who use the same trite and hackneyed sayings over and over like, "outside the box," or, "at the end of the day," or "i'm just saying."

the most misused word in the english language is the word "myself." you don't say, "john and myself went fishing." you say, "john and i went fishing!"

gee, that one gets on my nerves. :smile:

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
People calling other people names because they can't think of anything else to say.

I hate people that drive like me and those that don't.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
Majek Texas Slam
5,354 Posts
People Texting and driving...all over the dang road and still at it

Women putting on makeup and in traffic

Kids with no respect, talking back and yelling at their parents

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
Folks getting interviewed..or just in conversation saying..."That's a good question"...Hell, I knew it was a good question or I wouldn't have asked it.

Grrrrrrr !!!!!

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,039 Posts
People that talk on their cell phone loudly in public places like no one else is around. Especially on those earphone/microphones that make it look like they're talking to themselves.
People that drive like Bobby, and people that don't. :rolleyes::smile:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
One of the things that drives the nuts is when you are explaining something to someone, and they won't shut up, but try to tell what you are trying to explain. I have an associate that is new to the position. I don't try to tell him how to perform his profession,but in any position there are things that need to be explained as to how things are run. I cannot get him to hush as I explain and what happens he is trying to impress me with his knowledge and he misses what I am trying to explain. This shows after a month as he is sometimes clueless as to how the workings of the day are done. I am questioned all the time about "stuff" that had he shut the f--- up he would have known. It has gotten to the point I have to stop the conversation and say,"Let me finish my statement".

·
Banned
643 Posts
people that cant drive....the two lane road end and they have to go all the way to the front...or people that drive slow in the passing lane...
people that talk about other people and care what they do...mind your own buisness and who cares if tiger woods had another hook up ..good for him

·
Professional Salesman
9,757 Posts
People that speak in a condesending manner, "Son, we don't put staples in our stage. Do we understand?" Instead of saying, "If you don't mind, lets find another way to hang that bunting without putting holes in the stage (2x4s)."

This was said to me by a junior college janitor while I was volunteering at a Senior Olympics ceremony.

It made me so mad that I said, " Evidently "we" don't understand, because it is not "our" stage, it is "your" stage, so "I" will keep stapling." I was a know it all Army lieutenant back then, but I still don't regret it. It peeves me when anyone talks down to others or talks to them like they are stupid.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts