2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading what is happening to a 2cooler's dog Lacie, had me wondering if I should think about getting pet insurance for my lab Brandy. I've been seeing a commercial about Petplan.com, went to the site to see what they've got.
Anyone here use Petplan or any other pet insurance, and how do ya'll like it, if you do ??

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you hunt your dog alot.I had it on my lab my exwife worked for a com that offered it.check with your com.Most insurance com.offer it you just have to ask they say pets are famlie members.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you... My dog isn't a hunting dog but is a therapy dog (goes to hospitals, nursing homes, etc.). I live by myself so she's like my kid, acts like it too..lol

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
We have had a few folks use pet insurance, but the way its set up.. you have to pay for everything & Then they send You a reimbursement after you submit a bill..
Could be good if you dont mind waiting for your return.. Id do like any other Insurance.. SHOP AROUND....

Oxx..

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have had a few folks use pet insurance, but the way its set up.. you have to pay for everything & Then they send You a reimbursement after you submit a bill..
Could be good if you dont mind waiting for your return.. Id do like any other Insurance.. SHOP AROUND....

Oxx..
That's the one thing I was wondering about.. I'm on a fixed income, so that pretty much does away with pet insurance. All she's getting is her yearly and bi-yearly shots anyway. Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have my Trial/Hunt Test/Hunting dogs covered by Embrace Pet Insurance. My 6 yr old female blew out her ACL in Oct of 2008. She had a TPLO surgery done on her, to the tune of $3800. I used a GE Credit Card, and was reimbursed within 10 days. Embrace paid 80%.

I pay about $25/month/dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts