2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
tell a story of your personal best cat, post a pic if you can...

heres mine: it was last summer at my nieghbors tank and I was using an ultra-lite spinning rig (4 lb test) for perch. using a 1/32 oz. white with gold eyes deer hair jig. (made it myslef). I fished all day catching atleast 100+ hand sized perch and some even bigger. I said to myself before I left "one more cast for luck." The cast was pefect, right beneath an overhaging cini-bean(sp?) limb in 3' of water. in the middle of my retreve it felt like I was hung up, but "IT" started moving. I new right then and there it was a big ol' cat. after 55 minutes into the fight I saw it. boy it was one huge cat. especially for 4 lb test line. finnally after what felt like an eternity I had with in hands reach. I latched onto its bottom lip and hauled her up the bank. that bluecat wieghed in at 25lbs measuring 36" long. sounds kinda puny but I don't target catfish as much as I used to. although I have cought bigger cats this was my favorite.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My best is a twenty pound even. The day I caught her was one of the best days I have ever had also. Fishing the Tennessee River, my wife and I caught over fifty fish between six and twenty pounds. Most were around twelve pounds. Could have caught more, but there was a lot of barge traffic that day. We caught over a hundred fish in three days.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JJ said:
JJ me and you caught lots a fish in my tank dat day. Need to do it agian, start catchin hoppers. LOL
done cought a load of hoppers with Andrew and Ben yesterdey. I got a new honey hole now... my Uncle Sammy's tanks. Cought a 16#,14# and 3 10# a few days ago on hoppers and sour corn. Come on over dude... the fish are waitin...

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope! 5 gallon bucket and a piece of screen on top. LMAO! its ******* to da bone. hahahaha!!!!!!!! my causin todd gibson is gonna be der too. les say we go bout Saturdey bout 10am...

my trip to baffin fell thru... blown power head on da 225 yammie. what a bummer. SE YA DER BRO!!!

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
My best

My best cat was a 22# Blue caught at Lake Whitney off of Jimmy's dock on a dead waterdog about 8" long some bass fisherman threw up on the dock before we got there. I tried them since then but had no luck since. We released that one, but we caught a 12# blue same day on a dead Gizzard Shad and we kept him for the Skillet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts