2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
That's what I'm talkin' about Bro! Green headed your way. Might want to post up your area so people can know where you are.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coachlaw said:
That's what I'm talkin' about Bro! Green headed your way. Might want to post up your area so people can know where you are.
I am in the Southwest Houston Sugar Land area and we are willing to travel as fas as the need presents including any of the hardest hit areas.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
People in need an awsome thread, We cant offer alot but if your in the West Columbia area and need a hot shower, ice, water, food let me know here or call my cell at 979-709-1434. I will be driving to Clute everyday for work and church just let me know.

God bless all affected and those that are helping out! A huge thank you and blessing for Mont and all this site as given back!

·
The Thread Killer
1,350 Posts
Seabrook was hit by a tornado on Todville, alot of homes are gone, as well as the fish markets on waterfront, there are alot of people in east Seabrook that could use some help.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Seabrook info

Citizens who have damaged roofs (from trees or wind) and need tarps to cover holes, should call 1-888-766-3258 to apply for the U.S. Army Corps Blue Tent Program. You can apply in person at Webster City Hall on Pennsylvania Ave. The Corps will come and place the tarps on your home for free.

The RED CROSS is serving hot meals twice daily at the First Baptist Church, 1506 Bayport Blvd., Seabrook from noon-2 p.m. and 5-7 p.m. (give or take 30 minutes due to traffic).

AREAS CLOSED OFF TO THE PUBLIC: The Point (where the seafood stores were) and the Seabrook Shipyard.

CITY HALL OPERATIONS are severely limited owing to building damage that occurred during hurricane Ike. Utility Billing staff, Municipal Court staff and Building Dept. staff will be available in the brown trailer in the City Hall parking lot to answer general questions and to take water bill payments on Saturday, Sept. 20 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 21 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., and will continue operating there Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

CLOTHING DONATIONS are being collected and distributed at 1st Baptist Church of Seabrook on Hwy 146. They also have three laptops with Internet connections available for public use.

LOCAL HOSPITALS THAT ARE OPEN:Clear Lake Regional Hospital and Clear Lake Regional Ambulatory clinics are open. St. Johns is closed until further notice. UTMB Galveston projects opening within 3-4 weeks.

PLEASE EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION as many structures are unstable and gas leaks have been detected throughout the City; there are broken lines and contaminants - be cautious while outdoors. We are in a POST EMERGENCY situation.

IMPORTANT NUMBERS

Centerpoint: (713) 207-2222 Report ONLY Power Lines Down

Social Security Assistance: 1-800-772-1213 (if you haven't received your assistance)

TXDot: 713-802-5076 or 1-800-452-9292 Road Closures)

FEMA: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)

Red Cross 713-313-5286 (Shelters)

Missing Persons: 713-313-1656

Report Price Gouging: 1-800-252-8011 or/o 713-755-2648

SPCA Pets: 713-861-0161

PoD Locations: 713-881-3100

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks from the bottom of my heart for the effort and sacrifice that you and your wife are making to help others that are in need.

2- Coolers, I sent a PM to Redstalker around mid night and he and his wife drove to the North side of Houston from Sugar Land around 10 am and delivered ice and water to some people who have not had power since the Hurricane. Redstalker and family great job, the people was extremely appreciative. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We also handed out ice and water to residents of Seabrook, San Leon and Bacliff.
In Seabrook everything was so destroyed I had to stop at least once to figure out were I was. I completely lost my bearings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts