2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Camo'd Texan
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, been cleanin up alot of old reels i had layin around..

problem is got a older Penn 209 LW. that eveything is working except when the reel is engaged , pull the line and after a jerk or two the drag lets off and line pulls off like to drag isnt tight...it holds for a second then feels like it slips a time or two a couple inchs and then starts to peel off again (there is maybe a pound of pull weigh when its peelin, but no as free as the free spool)... i have tried adjusting the drag back and forth and everything else is moving in working order....took apart the whole reel three times and cant figure it out.. what am i missin here, got to be something simple?

thanks b~fish

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had the same issue but I took mine to the Tackle Hut on Little York and I45 and for 20 bucks it was fixed in 5 days. The problem was caused by a worn out drag washer, yours might be gone thats why you did not see it. You could get it done yourself just go to the tackle hut and get the washer or pay him to fix it.

·
The Camo'd Texan
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drag washer

thanks Johnny , that is it, just tore it a part again and that looks to be the problem....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts