2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SECEDE
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my girlfriend made me a belated Birthday dinner. She started me out with a dozen raw oysters, as they a weakness of mine. I found a pearl the size of my pinky nail in one of them. I was just wondering how common they can be found like this? Do any of you have similar stories?

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i've been eating raw oysters for 40 years, and i've wound up with quite a few of them in my mouth in varying stages of development over the years. it's not common to find one, but it's not rare, either.

·
No fish in West Bay
5,634 Posts
Years ago we were at Gilhooley's in San Leon eating grilled oysters and I bit into a pearl about the size of a BB. Cooked in garlic and butter adds a nice dark color to the pearls. The wife still has it.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I found one in the fried oyster poboy I got at Mothers in New Orleans this past summer. It was a lot smaller though. I wonder how many people have chipped their teeth biting down on pearls?

·
SECEDE
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found one in the fried oyster poboy I got at Mothers in New Orleans this past summer. It was a lot smaller though. I wonder how many people have chipped their teeth biting down on pearls?
Me too, I nearly did chip mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts