2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, we all know that is probably the best kept secret for duck hunting in north america...with that being said, i heard a "rumor" that they are going to allow you to harvest 7 mallards there this year.

anyone heard anything about this?

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
lol,, HOWDY SWING, Good to see ya around.. Season is getting close and someone needs to help me keep ol capn in his place around here.

I heard it wasn't finalized yet..... hummmm

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
swing said:
ok, we all know that is probably the best kept secret for duck hunting in north america...with that being said, i heard a "rumor" that they are going to allow you to harvest 7 mallards there this year.

anyone heard anything about this?
They are doing that because they discovered a very large outbreak of bird flu in the local mallard population. Saw it in the Brazosport Facts.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I called the TPW department and they did not know anything about it. Anyone know anywhere else we can call who may know? That would be awesome if it is true.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
capn is over here too? where is the midget? must be under his bosses desk or something.

capn.....come out and playayaaaaaaa

·
Registered
245 Posts
One of the biologists at PP hunts on my lease and he said that they may have to eradicate all the ducks on sight due to the outbreak of disease from all the rain run off.

·
12,607 Posts
Capn is on a trip with tropicalsun to Africa! he'll be back in a week or so I believe! So while you can you guy act smart before the know it all get back! rotfl! j/k midget!

·
12,607 Posts
Hey chuck they are looking for you in the gal bay hunting thread!

·
Banned
135 Posts
mwaites said:
I called the TPW department and they did not know anything about it. Anyone know anywhere else we can call who may know? That would be awesome if it is true.
Try the PPWA (Peach Point Wildlife Association) Don't know the number though. Try back TPWD I bet they can fish it up for ya.

G

·
I think I would take anything said on this thread with a grain of salt to those who think that they actually might a. let you shoot seven mallards or b. eradicate all of the ducks at Peach due to Bird Flu. I wouldnt advise calling tpwd or the biologists at Peach Point. Some idiot started a thread last year along these same lines and it caused quite a comotion. Tpwd and the people at Peach were not very pleased about it. Beleive what you will but don't feel stupid or angry when it all turns out to be false.

·
Banned
144 Posts
TXDUCKSLAYER said:
I think I would take anything said on this thread with a grain of salt to those who think that they actually might a. let you shoot seven mallards or b. eradicate all of the ducks at Peach due to Bird Flu. I wouldnt advise calling tpwd or the biologists at Peach Point. Some idiot started a thread last year along these same lines and it caused quite a comotion. Tpwd and the people at Peach were not very pleased about it. Beleive what you will but don't feel stupid or angry when it all turns out to be false.
Do you hunt PP? Dont shoot the messenger.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts