2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

pathfinder question?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Postoak213 
#1 ·
I am im the market for a boat and I am considering the 22 pathfinder. I was wondering if anybody has one or has ridden in them and wanted to here what you guys think.

#3 ·
pathfinder

I've been very pleased with mine so far. You can go to www.pathfinderboats.com and look at their message forum. Do a search on various topics and you'll see good and bad about all of the Maverick boat products. By and large, the owners are a very satisfied group. It's a pretty good compromise boat in terms of shallow capability and ride comfort. The two dealers in this area are Kresta's and Mt. Houston Marine.

#6 ·
My experience.

I have a 2200V and rode in a 2200T before my purchase. I had a 150 Vmax and upgraded to a 225. Personally I love the boat. It run in 10-12 inches of water, float in 14. The tunnel hull does not really by you much especially with the new Yamahas with factory low water pickups and the stepped transom. Unless you spend 90% of your time in lower laguna or on shallow flats, you will be happy with the 2200V. If you don't want top speed, the 150 is great with a top speed of 45-50. A 250 will push 65 to 70. For the upper Texas coast, it is a great boat. I would recommend Kresta's Boats and Motors for your purchase.

#7 ·
I have a 2002 2200V with a 200 HPDI. Love the boat. The boat rides good in chop, dry, gets me shallow enought to wade, and is very fuel efficient (~3-5 mpg). Even works for bass fishing.

Take a ride in one, and you'll be sold on the ride. I first rode in one on Sabine when the wind was pumping ~25. We turned the boat into the wind and away we went.

As far a tunnel on this boat, it's a waste. All it will do is make it slower, and make it rougher for about 2" of running. Also, I don't think they even make the tunnel anymore.

#8 ·
Good Ride

I have fished with guide Garold Carson of Corpus Christi on several occassions and he has a 2200 pathfinder. I fished with him yesterday and noticed that he had 917 hours on the boat and motor. The boat is a great ride and very comfortable. I would have one in a minute. I have ridden in many different makes and the Pathfinder, by far, is superior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.