2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you know we just shipped our first load of Pathfinder Bay Boats to our Houston dealer, Mt. Houston Marine rigged with the new Yamaha SHO engines.

Mt. Houston Marine will be showing 3 Pathfinders at the Houston Boat Show that are rigged with these exciting new engines. Rumor has it that we are the first manufacturer to receive these new engines. MHM will have 2-22 Pathfinders and our 24 all rigged with these on display plus a wide variety of Maverick, Pathfinder and Cobia products.

Had the chance to run these new engines, all the hype is true as you get the best of both worlds: the efficincy of a 4 stroke with the power of the HPDI.

Skip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, we did not get any pictures prior to shipment to Texas. Not only are they fast but they look really cool. They will be on display at the Houston show, if you get a chance to visit make sure your remove the cowling and take a peek under the hood.

Skip

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just saw the new SHO's at Mt Houston Marine on the new Pathfinders. Pretty awesome machines. I really liked the even lower than before shallow water pickup and the smaller diameter gearcases.

rk

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet! I will be at the show on the 8th going to check out the new Yamaha SHO's. I am buying new this summer and definatly thinking about this motor.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I visited the Skeeter factory a couple of weeks ago and saw the new F series bass boats that was the first time Skeeter and Yamaha work together in the development of the boat. It is a wonder since Yamaha owns Skeeter but they said the improvements in handling and speed was 70% motor and 30% boat!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have called these folks a couple times on some motors be ready to spend more than what they say,,, customer bought a 115 and price was about 800 more then they quote on website,+ shipping and handling yes a charge to load it on the truck or recrate it back in the box, if on display, and has to be shipped to a yamaha dealer to be rigged. Most dealers are not going to let you buy a motor from some one else and they rig it. Has to be rigged by a Yamaha dealer and a Predelivery check sheet filled out to be able to warranty it,, and none of the ext warrantys included in the price they quote. I'm not saying they are bad to deal with but!!! there are extras included***** And lets see you get a motor at over 2000 under dealer cost,, from looking at Yamahas price list for Jan 2010
Heck I would buy them from them and sell at dealer cost and make more than i could buying from Yamaha,, Yes some large dealers do get some cost saving buy buying at the right time and bulk, and large order rebates, but that is a lot?????
Again not bashing these people,, but !!!!!

·
From Hope and Change 2 Dope and Strange
548 Posts
U mean to tell me a huge web site company is staying in business by selling motors below cost. If a dealer turn me away because I didn't buy there up priced motor, then they really don't need my money on the labor for install or future service.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
U mean to tell me a huge web site company is staying in business by selling motors below cost. If a dealer turn me away because I didn't buy there up priced motor, then they really don't need my money on the labor for install or future service.
I think that Sonny is saying that Ed's is NOT staying in business by selling below cost. He is suggesting that there may be other costs involved in purchasing a motor, in addition to the price on their site. Ed's is not just a "huge web site company". They are a full service dealership with a brick and mortar store, that has extended their reach out of state by posting sales prices on line.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are they going to make them in a 25 inch shaft too ?
Hey guys, been busy with Santa. Mt. Houston Marine has the SHO's ready for the show. They look incrediable on the new Pathfinders, but we are closed all this week for the holidays. I move them to the show on Monday.
Yes they are making a new 25 in. motor. It is the same block, 4.2L . The big difference is this mkotor will come in 225, 250, ande 300's and they will be digital shift. They will be out later in the spring. The 300 is a beast. They are calling them their offshore models.

·
Registered
389 Posts
show

I just saw the new SHO's at Mt Houston Marine on the new Pathfinders. Pretty awesome machines. I really liked the even lower than before shallow water pickup and the smaller diameter gearcases.

rk
Hey Rick, What days do you think you'll be at the show? Seems like that's the only time we get to visit. Frank, LMC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts