2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a lightly used 2300 hps. Has anyone seen this on the engine mounting bracket aft on the port and starboard sides. I’ve had two people tell me it’s nothing to worry about . Looking for more insight thanks in advance

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like poor fitment of the cap. Pathfinder tried to fill the void with black silly-cone. Probably not an indication that the boat is falling apart. Most manufacturers have a hard time making those areas look great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check inside in the same area if possible and see if anything is cracking. Especially where the transom connects to the stringers. That doesn’t look healthy to me and looks like a shotty repair may have been attempted. I had a situation where the knee braces were cracking inside and the first outside indication was the transom falling away from the top cap and the motor bouncing like crazy (different boat brand and not a bustle transom though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Also, try to find another one to look at and compare. A new one if possible. I see sanding marks in the gel coat which tells me there has been work done. There is no way that nice of a boat came from pathfinder factory looking like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 23HPS and that does not look right to me. That had to be done by the previous owner and would question the integrity of that set back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts