2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pretty decent morning. I decided to take my 12 yr old to pass the torch on to my 2 yr old. we ended up with 5 ducks and 2 geese. the 2 yr old did all the work. I also ended up with a nasty dog bite by the older dog. She has always been posessive of the bird pile since she's usually been the alpha Female (notice the PC tern). Today she wouldn't pick one of the geese and the young dog wouldn't go near it since she was sitting by it. I finally got tired of trying to figure it out and reached for the goose myself. at that time she decides to sink both canines in my hand. I good sized hole on each side. she's never done that before but needless to say this is her last hunt. still it was good to have them both out at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Cool pic Outlaw, You can see a lot in the old girls eyes.

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
She is saying, "Dang, I helped train the kid, why you still dragging me out here? Fetch 'um yourself....CHOMP...NOT!"

Just kidding. Great pics, two beautiful dogs. Sorry to hear about the bite.

·
Perch Slayer - Bambi Killer
714 Posts
Go easy on her. She probably senses it may be her last hunt. I am sure she has done her duty over the years. That picture is a classic, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If she acts aggressive again just alpha role her. You don't have to be rough and hurt her just control her with the role.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I think she does know it's her last hunt. She looks tired. I used to hunt an irish setter. She was also very possessive of her birds (but never bit me). When she was too old to hunt she cried everytime we went without her. Broke my heart. Best bird dog I every had. She's been gone for years now.
RT

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't take her last year and this was the only time I was planning to anyway. she was probably ****** I put her out there in the rain and cold again. lol I'm just tring to figure out how I'm gonna hold the gun tomorrow. going to the Dr. for some antibiotics to fight infection but I'll heal.
thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sure do hate to hear that John. Hope you take care of that bite. I remember when she was much younger... conroe, coots, SDH. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

·
15,099 Posts
Hunted with and around alot of dogs, (ours, relatives, and friends) and never saw one bite the hand that feeds them.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts