2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fishing POC for thirty five years, this year was the shallowest the pass has been in a long time - the only water deeper than 15' is now along Decros dunes, and not much of that, the gut is redeveloping just in front of the sanded in shrimp boat wreck again and was holding some specks and reds this past weekend, sure would like to see the pass back at 30' depths again -- probably not in my lifetime though if it isn't dredged, looks like the island may re-develop just off the SE side.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I also remember the days when "the pass" was deep.

I suspect that the jetties & cut were the death sentence as billions of gallons of water rush in and out there releiving the pressures that would keep the pass open.

TC

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
The Matagorda jetties are not far from closing in either. I guess the recent higher than normal tides are allowing a ton more sand to wash over the low jetties under the pier and into the mouth. On Saturday, the sand was only about 50 yards from the west jetties and ran atleast half of the way to the end of the west jetty. Not much of a channel there anymore and it looked pretty dangerous....MUCH different since Pre-Ike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts