2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading the website of the new Capt. John out of Galveston I was wondering if any ttmbers would be interested in planning a trip on it for a day? Ive never been on one but Im sure there are lots of folks interested in going. No one in my family is remotely interested in going out there and I dont really care to go by myself. Id be willing to set it all up if there was enough interest. From thier website it $70 a day during the week and $80 on weekends. Dont know if they give a group rate but I could call if there are enough people. Im off a lot during the week and we could probably get more spaces on a weekday trip but if most want a weekend Ill go that route too. I figured it be nice to make a day of it with folks ya know, ya know? LOL

Zac

Ill give this a few days to see if there is much interest.

http://www.galveston.com/captjohn/

·
Banned
355 Posts
I'm interested and may have some guys from work that would want to go. I'll check it out Monday.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets just see

Jan, Id like to give this a few days to see how much response there is. Once I get a round about number Ill call them and see what days they have available. I know we wont be able to please everyone but Id like to try to get the best day available for as many as possible.

Zac

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
Party boat trip

I'd be willing to go also, I'll check with Lumberjack and see if he would be up for it...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Zac...

I would like to go if I am not gainfully employed by then. I have logged many an hour on party boats in Galveston and Freeport...VIC

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
I would be interested in it.

But I'm real limited on when I could go right now, so pick a date and if I can make it I'll let you know. I don't want to be any factor in the date because things are crazy with my shcedule right now.

FN

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okeedokee

Im showing 11 right now with a few others possible. Ill let this ride the rest of the day and Ill call them first thing in the morning. Ill try to get a weekend date but Im not sure what they have filled.

Zac

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Zac.....

if it's a weekend, not at the end of Oct......or first weekend in Nov.....I'm in

·
Banned
355 Posts
I should have 3 total or more. Anytime is fine. Just watch the calendar. Don't want to collide with any SCA functions.

Gary

·
11,766 Posts
I'm in. Best time for me would be during the week, but if it' a weekend I'm off thats good also. I havent been offshore in many years.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Depending on date I may be interested. One thing you might want to consider if you have enough people is to get one of the mid sized boats from Capt. Elliots in freeport. That way you would have the boat all to yourselves. Less tangles and if you hit a nice weedline you can stop if you want.

Mark

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,584 Posts
Zac,

I think i might be up for it depending on date. Just so you know If you go with Captian Elliot out of freeport on a monday its only 50 bucks instead of 70. Thats one way to start off a work week, sure beats today.

Josh

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Captain Elliots takes better care of your fish...gives ya a gunny sac and ices em down as soon as you catch them

Galveston Party boats leaves em floppin on a stringer on a hot metal deck....but the 80 ft Buccaneer is a smoother ride and there may be less of this:talkin to your buddy Ralph and Earl

1 - 20 of 22 Posts