2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
lilsamo
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 2Coolers,

I have a small part time business that I am considering selling. My new full time job will keep me too busy. Does anyone have any experience with determining the value of a business and promoting the sale?

Any input is appreciated.

PM or post reply. Thanks in advance!

·
cat lover
5,431 Posts
If the part time thing is basically "you" then it has very little if any value. Is there any equipment or inventory involved?

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
10 times EBITA but with "your time" charged to earnings at a "real value." Thats ball park.

·
cat lover
5,431 Posts
won't make any difference what your EBITDA or earnings really are if the business is all personal skils or goodwill. example if you lay tile on the side, its your skill and goodwill that is the business some one may pay you something for the tools and materials and then kick back to you from your customer list on repeats or referals. again we need to know what kind of part time gig it is and what your part in it is. may be worth more than you know. usually way less than you want though.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Good luck with that "10xEBITA" on a small business sale...

Last couple I bought were at inventory(actual cost minus 30-40%) plus full face on accounts receivable...'token' amount on fixtures if I really needed them..."goodwill" ???..fuggedaboutit....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts