2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bird Brain
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i was on a hunt last weekend and was told you can hunt mallards in the TX panhandle? How true is this and does anyone know of any good reputable outfitters I could call for my dad and I?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes you can absolutely! Jeff Ridings runs a great outfit up there, "Runnin N Ranch". I know this sounds crazy but I can pretty much guarantee you will kill limits daily on greenheads and just about anything else you wanna shoot. I've never had a bad hunt up there been goin up there the past 4 years. They got the best private land hunting up there available. Give him a shout @ 817-691-2946.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Sorry for the sarcasm.... Save your time and money and wait til January.... Green will be down here with the cold weather....

You should have good numbers in Huntsville, if not, try Navasota.... I think driving 8 hours to kill 5 mallards is a little much...

·
Microskiff Mafia
1,848 Posts
We see quite a few mallards here near cs later in the season. We had a group of around 30 two years ago come dip into our spread at a WMA at Sommerville. They're pretty spooky though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts